FlyingJ

Parking lots...WTF?!?!?

Did I miss the memo that says otherwise reasonably good drivers are required to become complete morons as soon as they enter a parking lot?

I just spent about 2 hours running errands, about 15 minutes of which was spent driving in and out of parking lots. In that time I was in near collisions with 4 people. 4 freakin people! In two of them the idiots never even realized what a nutsack they were being.

I feel like parking lots have lines and directional arrows for a reason, and I make use of them as such. Now I'm the first to admit that I have a stick up my butt when it comes to parking lots. I'm going to follow the lines/arrows/etc. regardless of whether the parking lot is full or empty, even if I'm the only one there, but I understand if someone chooses to cut across an empty parking lot, or maybe drive across an aisle on a day when people aren't driving up and down in every direction.

Not on a freakin' rainy saturday afternoon though! Each of the near misses this afternoon were people driving 3 times as fast as they should have been, all of a sudden popping out from in between cars while cutting through the middle of the aisles. One of them I saw coming and stopped for, and watched her continue cutting across and almost hit two more cars.

The mall is the worst. I dred going to the mall in general, and especially on a busy saturday afternoon with a bunch of crazies driving around, but at least this trip was made with some vindication as I found a copy of Real Genius on DVD.

Anyway - if you are going to be a moron, flying through a parking lot driving all which way and ignoring all of the signs/markings, please at least be aware of your surroundings! Today I was wishing I had one of those train horns so I could have blasted a little awareness into these folks!
Killing threads since 2004.

Didn't you know? Whoever gets the best spot wins.:P

Chris

I was in disbelief at the number of people just sitting in their cars lined up in the parking lot lanes waiting for good spots to open. I started paying attention, and most of the time it was the folks that it wouldn't hurt a bit to get a little workout.

I'm generally the loser then because I usually park in the first spot I see... :|:D:D

Me too. If I see a car pulling out up close I might wait and take the spot, but in general I don't even drive up the aisle to look, I just pull in somewhere at the end of the line, especially in grocery stores where I don't want a bunch of random carts rolling around and knocking into my car!

My friend was riding his motorcycle through a parking lot when some dumb bitch came flying through and nailed him in the side. When he saw that she was going to hit him, he had just enough time to lift his leg to prevent it being crushed between her car and the bike. But the force of the impact was so great that it drove the bike into his other leg with such force that he needed surgery on his knee.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

my brother was hit on his bicycle by a lady driving "across" a parkting lot, as in, over the marked spaces. we were riding down the lane.

i usually park near the edge and walk, good for my feet. ;)

Didn't you know? Whoever gets the best spot wins.

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in disbelief at the number of people just sitting in their cars lined up in the parking lot lanes waiting for good spots to open. I started paying attention, and most of the time it was the folks that it wouldn't hurt a bit to get a little workout.

Like you, I generally park in the far away spots. I find it is quicker to just grab one of those spots and walk to the store than circle the lot for a spot 50 yards closer.:S My car gets less dings that way and I get a little exercise.:)
I will admit though that if there is torrential rain, I will vie for the closest spot.

Chris