swedishcelt

good buy wines

Ok, didnt feel like reading three pages of posts to see ifthis was named or not- but I recently got turned on to Crane Lake wines. Merlt, Chardonay, Pinot Grigio, and Cabernet. All of them are 3.99 a bottle (Bought a caseof Pinot fopr my wife- $52) Suprisingly good fo being thatcheap. It as actually voted one of the best under $10 wines.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I bought a Borsao and a Tisdale the other day on a recommendation. Both were good and comparable to taste to some very expensive wines I've had lately. They were way under ten dollars and when I set the Tisdale Cabernet in a decanter, everyone at the table wanted it over the 20.00 wine I had in the bottle. And the Tisdale was only 3.50!!

Anyone else have anymore excellent wine buy recommendations? :)

Campus Oaks Zinfandel = 14.00
14 hands cab/sauv and merlot = 12.00
Arbor Crest Sauv Blanc = 8.99
Ravenswood Zin = 9.99
Chateau St. Michelle Reisling/gwertz = 6.99

Just a few of my personal favorites:ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I love decanters. They have some really cool looking ones, I have a gift of a crystal one with a carved inset jade dragon on it. I also have a crystal one carved with celtic knots all around it. They are very beautiful with wines in them. And it opens up the wine nicely too. ;)

Ooooh now I want a decanter too :P

I agree, the decanter's allow the reds to breath nicely.....I think I will have to bring one to prairie:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Anything in a box is a good buy. :ph34r:

I wouldn't say it's "good" buy, but it's drinkable and only $20 per box at Costco. :|

Blues,
Dave

It's an ok wine for drinking on a daily basis:ph34r:
DPH # 2

Costco had Vskydiver's fav, Badger Mountain Organic in a box once, great price, good organic wine, but haven't seen it since. Damn.[:/] $8-9 a bottle, $5 a bottle in the box.

I love that lady of yours...when you guys gonna come over and play ???? WE could show you a great wine night as well!!!
DPH # 2

and for beer: get some Sierra Nevada Big Foot and put it away for a while. One beer columnist recently wrote that the 1999 is expecially good right now.

Big Foot has to get better with age!!! It couldn't get much worse, the current year vintage allways tastes like soapy feet. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Ok, so when you guys add wines to the list add them in their own like
For example:

2003 Firestone Merlot 13.99

That way its soooo much easire for me to update the list. As long as this is on the first page, I'll update the list every so often. Also I can all a ratings column also if yall rate em. 1 - 10 (10 being the best)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Anyone else have anymore excellent wine buy recommendations? :)

www.bumwine.com
Not quite what I had in mind. LOL. Is cheap but TASTES good. Not is cheap and tastes cheap. :D

Thus the reason for suggesting a ratings scale for when more wines are posted. ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865