skymama

That Carrie Underwood Song

Does the song, "Before he cheats" bug anyone else?

The melody is fine, for a country song. It's the lyrics that bother me. The chorus goes:

"And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seat...
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats."

No wonder some men refer to women as psycho. :S

Whatever happened to having some class by packing up your things, being glad you found out about the loser, getting tested for STD's and moving on with your life? Sheez!

And, damnit, I have that song stuck in my head now!
>:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Does the song, "Before he cheats" bug anyone else?

The melody is fine, for a country song. It's the lyrics that bother me. The chorus goes:

"And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seat...
I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats."

No wonder some men refer to women as psycho. :S

Whatever happened to having some class by packing up your things, being glad you found out about the loser, getting tested for STD's and moving on with your life? Sheez!

By all means let the idiot carve her name into my seats...

Makes having her stupid ass arrested that much easier.

I just change the station when I hear the song to avoid any chance of it getting stuck in this noggin... plus I really really really don't like the song... freaks me out cuz I know some women are actually that nuts... most aren't, but some are... :S:S

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Country music is 'slice of life'. Things like this do happen. It's just a song. I have listened closely to the words and don't let them bother me. It's just a song. It'll get air-play then fade away... till the next one comes along.

Chuck

Because that doesn't make for a very good country song... Its just a song. Its not like any "men" are going to think twice about cheating because of it. [:/]

I have listened closely to the words and don't let them bother me.

That's because you're a rational person. I bet there are some women out there who will listen to this and think it is appropriate behavior. People are stupid like that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Not necessarily. There could be a 'jealous' third party 'lurking in the bushes' and carves another's name to keep the heat off the real person who did it.

Chuck

Because that doesn't make for a very good country song... Its just a song. Its not like any "men" are going to think twice about cheating because of it. [:/]

Actually, Carrie did another song called wasted that, in the first verse, talks about a girl just getting up and leaving a guy.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I have listened closely to the words and don't let them bother me.

That's because you're a rational person. I bet there are some women out there who will listen to this and think it is appropriate behavior. People are stupid like that.

That's the cold hard truth! It's really amazing to me, what 'impresses' people to do stupid things.:S

Chuck

Not necessarily. There could be a 'jealous' third party 'lurking in the bushes' and carves another's name to keep the heat off the real person who did it.

Chuck

*sigh*

Actually, Carrie did another song called wasted that, in the first verse, talks about a girl just getting up and leaving a guy.

She just sings what the music 'big wigs' tell her to sing because they believe, it'll make them money.

Chuck

And another called "Starts with Goodbye" that says it's going to hurt, I'm going to cry, but its time to move on with the rest of my life, and it starts with goodbye.

I like that song the best. Its about realizing the end of a relationship has come and its time to end it respectfully... without cheating and causing it to hurt more than it would anyway.

Chuck

*sigh*

:D

Chuck

Chuck

*sigh*

Dude, that's fucking brilliant. The next time I have a crush on a chick who's already taken, I'm totally going to convince her to sleep with me, then wreck up her car and carve her boyfriends name in the seat so she'll think he did it. I can't lose! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Chuck

*sigh*

Dude, that's fucking brilliant. The next time I have a crush on a chick who's already taken, I'm totally going to convince her to sleep with me, then wreck up her car and carve her boyfriends name in the seat so she'll think he did it. I can't lose! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Quit stealing good ideas.

I think psychos are interesting.B|

"so I packed my things and left..." doesn't make for a very good story.

:P

I agree it was dumb to carve her name into the seat, though.

I once wrote my name in red crayon on the carpet under a schooldesk. I learned in first grade that'll always give you away.[:/]

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

And another called "Starts with Goodbye" that says it's going to hurt, I'm going to cry, but its time to move on with the rest of my life, and it starts with goodbye.

I like that song the best. Its about realizing the end of a relationship has come and its time to end it respectfully... without cheating and causing it to hurt more than it would anyway.

I prefer music that doesn't make me want to slash my wrists. :S That must be why I've never heard of Carrie Underwood outside of dz.com. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)