f1freak

Who started at a "Cessna" DZ

I was raised at at a 182 DZ & still do a fair amount of jumps out of 182's. I also go to turbine DZ's on a regular basis. I'd much rather go from a 182 to turbines than the reverse.

On a side note, if you were raised at a 182 DZ, you know how much of a difference it can make to have a "wide body"... :D

PMS #394

I started at a C-182 DZ. The better part of my first 200 jumps were out of a C-182!!! Love the big planes though, but I have no problem with the little ones either....

Ditto... most of my first 60-80 jumps were from C-182s before I started following Mullins' King Air $99 boogies for several years. I still jump a C-182, but mostly for demos and practice demos.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ok Jane, first you steal my free fall face, now you are talking crap about us anvils??? WTF???? B|:P:S>:([:/]:D

:D:$:D

No crap talking about the anvils though. Damn, I had to chase those guys in order to get in on any RW. Helped my fall rate control with no weights. :P

PMS #394

I did my first eleven jumps or so at Air Adventures West in Taft, CA. It closed down, while I was still a student, but it had a King Air and a Cessna 182. I decided to finish my final AFF during the week, so I could jump my final AFF and first solo from the Cessna. It felt so great to be in the sky knowing that only one other person had jumped from the 182, besides myself. It gave me more courage to go on (after they closed) to Perris, then to SD Elsinore, while still a student. :)
Edited for typo.