SkydiveStMarys

I looking for a new truck/SUV.

I either want a four door truck (already have a three door) or a Suburban (older model, don't like the new body style). I found a nice Nissan XE Titan. Anyone own one of these?? I own a GMC truck and love it. The only Nissan I have owned was a 280ZX. Not sure about the whole Nissan truck "thing".

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

NICE!!! Yeah, looked at a dually last night too....sweet....one of the problems with getting a four door truck is that you loose some of your length in the truck bed. I haul alot of quads and cycles around, while also towing a trailer...I really don't want to loose length in the truck bed, but I DO like the leg room that a four door offers because my sons (9 and 12) are getting bigger.

Duallys are very nice though....

Bobbi

Yeah...I noticed that.[:/]

But with any new vehicle you have to weigh the pros and cons. I mean hell, I am also looking at the Suburbans and Sequoias too, which I will loose a truck bed completely....I still am partial to trucks though. I love my truck, it has come in sooooo useful. BUT, I really like the Suburbans too. I like big!!:);)

Bobbi

I recommend a diesel,then you can burn Biodiesel,the engine will last longer, you'll save money when Dinodiesel goes up to $3.50- $5 a gal (which it will). It can be made locally,(you can even make it yourself) reduces greenhouse emissions, helps farmers...Whats not to like except it has to be heated in cold weather.- I make it and burn it in my tractor and the exhaust smells like popcorn cooking.

TerminArnold has two Humvees, one runs on Bio the other on hydrogen. "Datz Egzellent"
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Not opposed to Diesel, just haven't found anything I like that runs on Diesel.[:/] This time around I am aware of the environmental issues that surround an SUV and or truck...but I don't care.:ph34r: I need big, a little Hybrid car just isn't gonna cut it for me. But deisel is an option to get around that guilt.;):$

Bobbi

My dad has a GMC 2500 4X4 diesel, full 4-door cab , 8' bed, everything but a nose wiper. He says it's the best truck he's ever had. Fords were ok, but the new engine package needs to get any bugs worked out. Dodge trucks: Cummins engine is great. Rest of the truck needs lots of help. Body, front suspension, transmission were big issues with the ones we had.

Ain't truck shopping FUN??? B|

Another valid point-Kiss the warrantee goooobye, most manufacturers don't approve of alterantive fuel mods it's true, so for the average family it's risky. But the actual risk of damage to diesel engines using quality biodiesel has been proven to be low. in fact it improves performance and lubrication. So it's a personal choice to risk the warrantee.

gotta go, it's nice out- time to burn some bio...later.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

There is more to comfort in the second row than legroom. The angle of the seatback is also crucial, many such trucks have a nearly vertical seatback instead of the traditional 21 degrees.

I am more than a bit biased, having been a part of the design, but have you considered the Honda Ridgeline?

It was designed, developed, and is built in North America.

Some really innovative features, such as the huge, lockable, 'bed trunk', so big you can put 4 full size golf club bags or a LARGE cooler in it, or just fill it with ice (and drain it when done). A really comfortable rear seat that can fit golf clubs under it, and is split/folding for large items/bikes (you can put a full size bike across in the 2nd row). A really innovative center console with great storage features. Dual action tailgate (it can either swing down or out sideways) that is stronger than the competition's. You can fit quads and motorcycles with the tailgate down. The bed has an integrated, extremely tough liner. In comparison handling tests with a full load in the bed, the competition handles like a wet noodle, the Ridgeline still feels solid. Other vehicles have a higher towing capacity, but the Ridgeline is very solid in handling its 5000 lb limit. It is a unibody chassis instead of body on frame style, but it is actually much more rigid than the traditional frame type trucks. The all wheel drive system was first developed for the Acura MDX, it works in front wheel drive mode when driving easy and cruising, but will anticipate the need to send torque to the back wheels if you accelerate hard - it doesn't just wait for wheel slip to occur before shifting torque to the other wheels. Obviously it isn't a full size bed, they aren't trying to compete for that market. I could go on and on.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2005/112_news051220_truck_of_the_year/index.html

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=462884
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yes! Very fun!! I had a Dodge Ram Charger many moons ago. I don't want another Dodge...not as "refined" as the other makes out there, it just seems like they are missing something, along with, I just don't like the look of them. Ford....eeeh...ok, I think they have come along way and not as bad as they used to be. After my GMC truck, I have really liked them and Chevy. Anything color but red. I hate red trucks, they just don't look right to me for some reason. Like black, but I had a black car, tough to keep clean.

Bobbi

Get a 6x6 Diesel PinzgauerB|

With the optional ring mount you can clear any traffic jam.:P

An Ambulance model or commo type are excellent.

The toop/cargo type is a rag top.

You ccn run on front wheel drive, rear drive, or 6x6 drive.

The load capacity makes all other vehicles in that weight class look lame.

Ok, you've sold me, and I'm not even in the market for a new vehicle!

Some of the features sound intriguing...

Many find the exterior styling awful, especially the way it resembles the Chevy Avalanche in a side view, but that shape is also part of the reason the chassis is so rigid. I didn't have any role in the styling, that is left to the artsy types in California.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Honda? No I haven't looked into one...but I will take everything into consideration.:)
Bobbi

A friend of mine has one (IMGR2 on here) and i have to say that it is a very nice vehicle. I was totally impressed witht the thought that went into the design, especially the interior.

I drive an 04 Suburban, black, wanna buy it??;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Get a 6x6 Diesel PinzgauerB|

With the optional ring mount you can clear any traffic jam.:P

An Ambulance model or commo type are excellent.

The toop/cargo type is a rag top.

You ccn run on front wheel drive, rear drive, or 6x6 drive.

The load capacity makes all other vehicles in that weight class look lame.

They sell surplus Pinzgaurs here in the USA at a place in Kentucky (or Missouri). A know a guy in NC who has one. He paid $14,000 USD. They are cool toys, but only run like 60 mph wide open and that's a stretch. They are also pretty small vehicles.

Chuck

If money's no object, and if you're set on a full-size truck, definitely look into the new Toyota Tundra. If not that, I've been a fan of the Dodge Ram trucks. The Hemi has cyclinder management and a few of my buddies have told me that they've achieved up to 24-25mpg on the highway under light load.

The American brands have some super huge discounts on them, just before the new year, some of the dealers here in Kentucky were cutting prices on Rams and F150s by $10-12K. If you're good, you'll get a $33K truck for less than a loaded Civic.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The Hemi has cylinder management

Hemi? What engine isn't a hemi now? Since the days of the wedge combustion chamber shape have gone away, especially with 4 valve/cylinder engines the norm, it is now just pure marketing bullshit.