airtwardo

Judges...ruling please!

Need a ruling here...:)

I'm 1/2 way to a divorce because of my grumpy butt attitude all week, and I get THIS in a PM today.:o:oB|:|

MY choice is a 'Penalty Pack' and keep going....but JUDGES...WE NEED A RULING! ;):ph34r:

From Gonzo~

So, yesterday, I meet up with my buddy that just got back from Iraq at the field down the road where he's attending his Company picnic.

As always, the beer sucked me in and I desired a smoke... I put it off for about an hour, but it finally got the best of me and I asked someone for a cigarette.

I sat there for 45 minutes holding onto the damn thing, putting it in my lips and preparing to smoke, taking it back out, thinking I would be ok without.

My buddy finally got me to give it away, but about a half hour later, he knew I still wanted a smoke, so he talked me into taking a dip instead.

He said, "It's technically not smoking, so you should be ok on the bet thingy."

So did I lose??? I mean, I didn't technically smoke, but I did use tobacco.

Is it cheating? Do we restart? Do I owe $100???

Damn the beer!!!! It does that every time I quit!

So, Thoughts???

Here is the bet thread~~

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2772616#2772616

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

so does that mean we keep going from here?

oh, and penalty PACK??? WTF? I had 1 dip... not a whole tin... geez...
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

oh, and penalty PACK??? WTF? I had 1 dip... not a whole tin... geez...

Better than a Penalty CARTON...whith is what I'm NEEDING!! :S:ph34r:

Besides, I can burn a pack in 1/2 the time you took SAVORING that pinch 'o jawin backie' >:(;)

I only took about a half hour with some "fat lip"

if you can smoke a pack in 15 minutes, my hat is off to ya, but you're not gettin my lung:D

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

if you can smoke a pack in 15 minutes, my hat is off to ya, but you're not gettin my lung:D

Shoulda SEEN me killin' that carton this weekend...:$:):ph34r:

Prolly why I'm Jonesing so bad! :S

Well, obviously, most don't think we can make it, but what's the decision on the field??? Continue? Restart? Disqualification?[:/]

Shoulda SEEN me killin' that carton this weekend...:$:):ph34r:

Prolly why I'm Jonesing so bad! :S

I told you to send me some so you wouldn't have that issue... but nooooooo:D

Seems like this part of the original thread sends the decision over in your favor, though they weren't outright banned, seems like they came into play pretty quickly considering the statement below:

"Oh, and no cheating with other forms of tobacco... i.e. chewing tobacco, etc.

I don't intend on using patches or gum or anything like that, but that one's up in the air with me... if you wanna use em, go for it... I won't... my half of it is gonna be without any stop smoking aids at all "
Killing threads since 2004.

DOH!!!

Guess we have a decision on the field...

We keep GOING...and hopefully the grumpiness will be gone prior to my committing any FELONIES! :ph34r:

BTW~

Went up 20 point in MY book Gonzo...for your HONESTY! B|

depends on intent, are you quitting smoking for health reasons, the nicotine? is so YOU LOSE.
If you are quitting because it's socially unacceptable in many places and chewing 'baci is akin to shewing gum, then no you dont lose

Why're you Quitting?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

nope your free to dip all you like as the 'oath' you took was to "quit smoking"

granted, substitution isnt in the 'spirit' of the bet, but strict wording is important in bets, wishes and contracts.B|

Damn the beer!!!! It does that every time I quit!

FYI- Beer and tobacco go together like beer and peanuts at a bar.
If you do not know the relationship let me explain-

They put salty peanuts on the bar so you eat peanuts and get thirsty. Then you order more, and then you eat more peanuts which makes you thirsty again- Its a cycle;

The relationship between TOBACCO and AlCOHOL is the SAME as between Salty peanuts and beer. The reaction in your brain is the same- the more you drink, the more your going to want that cigarette or snuff, or whatnot. Then when you get that smoke or chew- you want more beer. Its a cycle too.

Very dangerous- you put yourself into a HIGHER PROBABILITY of getting lung cancers, mouth cancers, and thats not going to be an easy thing to explain to your children and/or grandchildren why you don't have a lower jaw due to dipping, or why you breathe through your stoma and/or why you talk with an artificial voicebox

disconnecting the words "Bar and Peanuts" will go along way to helping your overall health as well...

Bar Peanuts? yeesh why not go lick the bathroom floor too while you are there?

disconnecting the words "Bar and Peanuts" will go along way to helping your overall health as well...

peanuts are pretty darn good for ya, even if they have some salt on em. nothing like that natural fat

but i do give you the benefit of the doubt, the people that eat the bar peanuts are typically people who need to watch it on the health side