Michele

Do You Dream?

Do you dream? Do you imagine life in 5 years? 10?

I'm not talking about a retirement plan. That's not dreaming, that's being practical. I'm not talking about 'finishing that degree' or 'getting a better job'. Rather, I'm talking about those dreams you hold dear, that get you through hard times...dreams of the future, of what life will be like...someday...

I do. And lately, I've been dreaming a lot; it's hard right now, especially school...and I've been trying to dream, to plan, to scheme...so that the difficulties have a finish; when I get through these classes, I can go to the next level; when the next level is done, I can start acting on those dreams.

It helps me...and it keeps me semi-focused on the "small steps" I have to take, even though it's like walking on hot sharp glass at times.

Someday, I'm going to own acres, and build a perfect barn, and have 4 horses; one for me, one each for my nieces (2). The last horse will be a rescue, and I'll be able to give it a home that's safe and warm and free from worry, even if it's just a lawn ornament. I'll learn how to train horses, to gentle them, and then I'll breed the mares to exceptional stallions, and raise a herd of horses for shows. I will own friesians, and then get a clydesdale to work on the acreage and for carriage rides. And the whole farm will be off-grid, with both solar and wind power, and some rain-harvesting for agriculture watering.

And then, see, after I plan out the barn and acres, sketch it out in all it's dimensions, figure out which mare to breed to which stallion (neither of them are yet in existence...) I can go back to hyperpolarization of cells, action potentials, platyhelmithes and related diseases, and superbug virus' acquisition of immunity.

It's weird, how that works. I go back to when I was 7 and think, when I grow up, I'll have...and then, after the flight of fancy and day dreaming, I can focus again on the immediate steps I have to take to get there.

Do you do that? Or am I just as strange as everyone says I am?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Im more of a day to day person. I started that after so many dreams never came true or were crushed.

he who expects nothing is rarely dissapointed! B|

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Im more of a day to day person. I started that after so many dreams never came true or were crushed.

he who expects nothing is rarely dissapointed! B|

I can't believe I'm going to comment you, but here goes...[:/]

I couldn't have said it better myself.:$
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I do; always have.:)
My sentiment is, if you don't at least dream about it, it will never happen. One needs to learn to accept rejection & disappointment and keep trying anyways if they really want something.

These days I plan the good "what ifs" in my head. So, it's not as if I expect them to happen, but if they do, I'll make the most of them, as I've put a lot of thought into it.:P

I thought this was going to be about literal dreams, though. I sleep pretty hard and have really detailed & intense dreams. Most people like me have trouble sleeping or are insomniacs. For whatever reason, I've been blessed that I am able to get a solid night's sleep each night. But, that's another thread altogether.:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yes I do too. You should always keep your dreams alive.;) I even have a dream door where all of the things I want to do, enjoy, and be. They are there so when I want to reflect I go there and look at them. You have to do what's in your heart and what makes you happy. And NEVER let anyone tell you, YOU CAN'T.

Playtime is essential.

Of COURSE! Right now it's all centering around the short-term, though, and what I'm gonna do to my HOUSE!!! ==8D I got a bunch of paperwork in the mail today (with an approval) for my mortgage...my beer mortgage of my own. Check out my house. These pictures were taken a couple months ago before spring did its magic, but I think you can tell...

BTW....this is the house I grew up in. I'm buying it from my dad.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

if you let go of everything, there is nothing left to worry you..

i do have dreams, rather practical stuff, i try from step to step, but somehow.. nothing really is working the way i had hoped for..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

And yes if you let go of everything you have nothing to worry about

Simple innit?!?!

Yes, so simple. The bum on the street has nothing. I will inquire next time I see his sign asking for food, "Hey! What are you worried about?"

[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

and also ask if they chose to be there. A bum on the street, IMO, usually didn't choose to 'let go', they just lost it along the way.

go ask a saddhu instead

I just think in a world of I want I want there's more to be gained from letting go

:)

but what do I know

So, if you choose to let go, you won't get hungry?

Are you deliberately missing his point? He's talking about the overcoming of desire.

For example: I make pretty decent money, but when I see a shiny BMW M3, I go "Hey I want one of those! Oh, I can't afford one right now. Damn." And suddenly, I'm less happy.

If, however, I'm able to rise above and simply not desire the M3, I'm not pissed off by the fact that I don't have AUD 150k in spare change lying around at the moment.

Do you dream? Do you imagine life in 5 years? 10?

Do you do that? Or am I just as strange as everyone says I am?

maybe one day I did... but not so much anymore...

I'm not sure why though... :|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

it's called cosmic ordering

Hrm, I'll have to go look up that idea. I've never heard of it before.

do it and dont stop 'til you get what you deserve.

You know, it's so detailed I can see my farm in the different seasons; I can smell the rain there, I can smell the grass. It's pretty clear; and while sometimes I think it's a stupid thing to do, it does help me both relax and focus. That way, I can get where I want to go, and then be able to start actualizing it.

you probably are as strange as everyone thinks, but being a mysterious creature is a compliment in my book

Why, thank you! I've had a few people say that I'm "mystical" and/or "mysterious" and I've always taken that as a compliment; and so I thank you for yours.

Ciels-
Michele

maybe one day I did... but not so much anymore...

I'm not sure why though... :|

I wonder why, too. Not that you're not doing it is wrong or anything; I'm just curious as to why.

I didn't for years; honestly, for me, it was more of a "why bother, it'll never happen". Just recently I've decided to make it happen...work for it, terraform my life to create my future and what I want in it. That led to going back to school; which, in turn, led to reminding myself why I'm doing this; which led to dreaming, and that dreaming in turn reminds me what I'm fighting for, and so I keep walking on.

The change has been great.

Ciels-
Michele

What an interesting "hijack."

I'm not talking about material things; or at least, not deep down. I'm talking about what would make me happy, and create the contentedness I don't yet have. It's not about material things, although it takes that shape. Rather, it's about the feelings...the needs that will be fulfilled. It's not about more money, or bigger houses, or status symbols. It's about providing for myself, and working towards a good, honorable goal; and not about how much house I can buy, et cetera.

Interesting interpretation.

Ciels-
Michele

Linz!

Well done! It's been a long, hard road, but you're there. Very, very well done. And lots of hugs to Punky, too.

Ciels-
Michele

and you're in the middle of your long, hard road.... Sometimes it seems like it'll never end, and while it really doesn't end per se, it gets to be a lot more fun and less overwhelming. AND it's really cool when you see your dreams start to materialize. Hang in there! Keep up the good work.

...and Punk's getting around better. Thanks! :)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail