guppie01

Themed Baby Shower

So, a good friend of mine is expecting a wee one in August. We are trying to think of something fun and non-traditional for the baby shower (that's the kinda gal she is), and we're thinking of having a Mad Hatter Tea Party, including costumes or hats. If guests show up without a hat we will have Tweedle Dee / Dum hats for them to wear. We'll decorate / and have games related to Alice in Wonderland with a twist for the baby shower.

Would you enjoy attending something like this????

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I have to go throw up now.

I hate baby showers. I think I would like a martini-themed one though. :D

Jen has said repeatedly that she does not want a traditional shower with stupid ass games.[:/] She would rather have no shower at all or if we must... a simple cook out and get together with friends and family. :)

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

We are also tossing around beach theme with a margarita mixer.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

The church group that put on our baby's shower was simple. Not really much of a theme, however, the only game that was played was the daddy had to don a Home Depot tool apron belt stocked with diapers, powder, wipes, etc. and do a demonstration on changing a diaper on a baby doll. Me and a couple other daddies to be went through it and it was hilarious.

Of course, that was waaaaay easier than doing the real deal with real pee and poop, not to mention a squirming baby that won't stay still! :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

daddy had to don a Home Depot tool apron belt stocked with diapers, powder, wipes, etc. and do a demonstration on changing a diaper on a baby doll.

How Fun!!!

That's a good idea!!!

g
OMG, is she okay?

daddy had to don a Home Depot tool apron belt stocked with diapers, powder, wipes, etc. and do a demonstration on changing a diaper on a baby doll.

How Fun!!!

That's a good idea!!!

g

Get video and/or stills. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I 2nd this motion... all baby showers suck... there must be alcohol to make them bearable.

I feel bad for the mom to be though... she'll be 8 months preggo in the summer, and unable to drink! Just aint right~

g
OMG, is she okay?

We had a dz babyshower and one of the games that we played was we had the guys race drinking beer from baby bottles... it was kind of fun. But if you do this game you may want to make the hole in the nipple a little bigger... our poor men had to work super hard to get anything out of the bottle!

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

We had a dz babyshower and one of the games that we played was we had the guys race drinking beer from baby bottles... it was kind of fun. But if you do this game you may want to make the hole in the nipple a little bigger... our poor men had to work super hard to get anything out of the bottle!

...just bite the nipple open and poke a hole in the bottle--shotgun it!! :o
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Jen has said repeatedly that she does not want a traditional shower with stupid ass games.[:/] She would rather have no shower at all or if we must... a simple cook out and get together with friends and family. :)

Cheese Party.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Its so sad people think baby showers suck. Its usually the only 'celebration' most moms-to-be get, and by the time it comes around they're usually miserable from pregnancy discomforts.

My baby came too early so I didn't get a traditional one (people sent gifts and nice cards, but I would have liked the get together more... we didn't need 'stuff'), and even a year later I still miss not having that opportunity.

Baby showers are supposed to be nice get togethers... not torture, and its not about themes either - its about the mix of people that shape the atmosphere. If you invite people who think they suck, it will suck.

Jen
Arianna Frances

I agree. Also with the cost of having/raising a child it is nice to receive all the necessities (onsies, diapers, bottles, wipes, etc) that go along with bringing a child into the world. Plus it is a great way to make a mother to be happy for at least a couple of hours...I mean lets face it, most of the time it is ooohing and aaaahing over the cute new born and the new Mom kinda gets looked over....[:/]

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I 2nd this motion... all baby showers suck... there must be alcohol to make them bearable.

I feel bad for the mom to be though... she'll be 8 months preggo in the summer, and unable to drink! Just aint right~

g

So you make the mom non-alcoholic martinis with fruit juices and that stuff that bubbles like champagne but it has no alcohol in it. I would tell you what its actually called but I'm surprised I even know it exists.. much less what to call it. :D

Seriously, I would not expect my friends to suffer just because my condom broke. :D:D

Cheese Party.:D

What an excellent idea... When are you in town next?

Couldn't have a Cheese Party without you! B|

You will be happy to know that several of the baby items my mother has already purchased have turtles on them. :o

Its not the getting together and gift giving that sucks.. its the getting dressed up, fancy punch bowls, cucumber sandwiches, playing silly games that sucks. I feel the same about wedding showers. But do I put on a dress and a smile to support my friends anyway? yes... I do.

Its not the getting together and gift giving that sucks.. its the getting dressed up, fancy punch bowls, cucumber sandwiches, playing silly games that sucks. I feel the same about wedding showers. But do I put on a dress and a smile to support my friends anyway? yes... I do.

You won't have to wear a dress or play stupid games if you come to ours! :P It will have adult beverages...

and Cheese! :)