grue

What stows do you use with HMA lines?

I've been using large Tube Stoes on my inside 2 locking stows (canopy was big for the bag, I was breaking bands every 2-3 jumps), large rubber bands single-stowed on the outside 2 locking stows, and single-stowed small bands on my lines.

So, what do you use, and how's it working for you?
cavete terrae.

I have microlines, but I've noticed excessive wear on the inner locking stows.

I found the best stows can be made from 6mm wide, 1,5mm thick silicone tube. I use 120mm long tube with 5-6mm overlay and silicone glue inside the overlay. This kind of tube-stow can look really strong, but it will get softer in use.

Two large rubber bands on the inside grommets, two large rubber bands double hitched on the outside grommets, small rubber bands on the bag stows. My grommet stows are reasonably tight, my bag stows are just tight enough to hold the lines. I dislike tube stows. I use the same setup on regular microlines too. Then again my hma lines are on a canopy that fits the bag. I never double stow, I'm far too lazy for that.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I used to be a huge fan of tube stows before my Kat got relined with HMA. I did not like the way HMA lines hold in t-stows. Now it's large rubber bands on the grommets and small on the bag. I never ever double stow anything. And yes I believe I get more consistent opening with rubber bands than with t-stows.

Used two large rubber bands on the inside locking stows, and small bands on the two outside stows and all other stows. In a ten jump day I MAYBE replaced one. I put about 500 jumps with em like that. Worked great.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Try to remember this 3 rules!
1-A stow should be 2"1/2 to 3"long
2-10 to 12lbs pull force
3-It has to break if it needs to.
It doesn't matter if you use large or small rubber bands. As long you follow the rules above, you'll be fine!
Cheers,
Gus Marinho

Try to remember this 3 rules!
2-10 to 12lbs pull force
It doesn't matter if you use large or small rubber bands. As long you follow the rules above, you'll be fine!
Cheers,

Bingo.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

2-10 to 12lbs pull force

Says you. And lotsa other people. Who made these rules?

Outside of the locking stows the only purpose of stows is to organize the lines. Base rigs and reserves use free stows pretty successfully. Says me.

Boy howdy.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I use large black ralphie sky bands. Double stow on the bag, single stow thru the grommets. The sky bands work great with HMA, they last forever.

Wow. You're one of the other few. I use large on the locking stows and small on the rest (no doubling). Works for me.