jean123

what audible combination?

hi together,
unforunatly i lost my pro track 2 days ago and i doubt that it will reappear;(
if i like it or not, i must make a decision for a new audible, and because im in freeflyinf recently, i would like to get a 2nd audible to. i was very satisfied with the pro track so far an loved the logbook function. i wonder waht you out there think of the pro track / optima combination? have anyone of you alreday made some experiences with the optima, which as far as i know as no logbook function.
what is your choice if you use 2 audibles?
thanks for your recommendations!!

I simply use two pro-dytters and an altitrack for the logbook functionality (as well as an easy-to-read altimeter). I like to be able to keep the helmet on and still have easy access to the logbook during takeoff.
But I guess this didn't answer your question... ;)

I'm using the pro track/optima combination and I'm very happy with it. First I've used pro track only but since I only do freeflying I decided to get a second one. Because I was starting to do 90° Frontriser landingapproaches I select the optima. With the optima lowspeed guide-beeps you can plan your landing pattern very precisely.
For highspeed-warnings my settings of protrack and optima are equal. So in the end I've got the pro track for lookbook, the optima for my landings and both together for my freefly altitude-warnings.

The Optima Rocks...if you have a chance, definitely check it out. If you're looking for the ultimate in log book functions, then check out the Alti-Track for as a visual altimeter, and coming very soon, the Viso by L&B.

Cheers!

Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

>and because im in freeflyinf recently, i would like to get a 2nd audible to.

I'd suggest an audible and a handmount visual altimeter. (Imagine hearing "ENGINE FIRE! BAIL OUT!" and not knowing what your altitude was . . ) I've had pretty good luck with the Neptune as both an audible and a visual altimeter.