LisaH

You might be from California if . . .

Some of these are SOOOOooooo... unfair.

I mean, poo, who the F rides a bus?

I have no problems with taking the bus. Especially when my car breaks down. :S

Or like now, since it failed smog inspection and the problem was worse than I thought and I can't afford to get it fixed or get a ticket. :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

When you get settled, i wanna move to TX too.

As we've discussed..... ;)

I got TWO houses for sail....;)

Want the one with the big pool or the one with the hardwood floors?;)

Only 40 minutes from TWO turbine DZ's!! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A) It was a joke.

B) Public transportation in, at least southern, California is itself a joke. Nothing actually connects with anything, it doesn't run late enough and it simply doesn't work as a "real" mode of transportation.

I'm on a kind of social/civil engineer kick at this moment and it just blows my mind how F'ed up the entire transportation system is from cars, to busses, to rail, to bike trails . . . it's all F'ed up.

Anyway . . . I digress . . . this was just a little joke thread wasn't it?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

A) It was a joke.

B) Public transportation in, at least southern, California is itself a joke. Nothing actually connects with anything, it doesn't run late enough and it simply doesn't work as a "real" mode of transportation.

I'm on a kind of social/civil engineer kick at this moment and it just blows my mind how F'ed up the entire transportation system is from cars, to busses, to rail, to bike trails . . . it's all F'ed up.

Anyway . . . I digress . . . this was just a little joke thread wasn't it?

Yes, it's a light, joke thread. And I agree...the transit system here sucks, big time! It's a back up plan when needed. And I don't mind using it if I have to. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

You like Avacados on everything you eat. :o

Absolutely!! B|

Which is soley comprised of bean sprouts and/or tofu.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

this was just a little joke thread wasn't it?

Yeah...but with VERY little joke. ;)

:| Ok, I quit. Mark me stupid because I just don't get all of the little inside stuff y'all are posting. :P:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Twardo already explained it to you, but I'll try again. You take the 405 to work everyday. I take 35 to work everyday. That's all there is to it.

So SoCal people use the word "the" too much? :D:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

You use the word "the" when discussing highways.

That is a SoCal thing and I HATE it!!!

I honestly don't get it. What is the issue?

You could just take 405 to I-5 on your way to work, rather than "the 405 to the 5". Doesn't really matter to me though. What bugs me more in California is the naming of all the damned freeways. Numbers work just fine for the rest of us! Looking for an exit to, say, I-182, and seeing "Ponderosa Freeway - 2 miles" just fucking sucks! :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You could just take 405 to I-5 on your way to work, rather than "the 405 to the 5". Doesn't really matter to me though. What bugs me more in California is the naming of all the damned freeways. Numbers work just fine for the rest of us! Looking for an exit to, say, I-182, and seeing "Ponderosa Freeway - 2 miles" just fucking sucks! :S:D

Blues,
Dave

Guess ya never drove in Chicago huh? :S

Who the hell IS Dan Ryan anyway?! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Blues,
Dave

I agree with the naming of freeways. Hey, where is "the" Ponderosa Freeway? :D I've never seen it.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Blues,
Dave

Its not just in California... Alberta seems to have gotten into this naming thing recently [:/]
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Twardo already explained it to you, but I'll try again. You take the 405 to work everyday. I take 35 to work everyday. That's all there is to it.

Yeah, but that's a BS construct and totally arbitrary.

It's actually more of an American construct than English. People in the U.S., will say "I'm going to the hospital", whereas people in Britain would say, "I'm going to hospital". The "definite article" actually is only "required" to distinguish a specific item from one of many, but it simply sounds "better" and more natural to American ears in general to say "the hospital".

So, both "take the 405 southbound" or "take 405 southbound" are both perfectly fine.

If one actually bothers you over the other, perhaps you lead a charmed life because honestly, there are more important things in the world to worry about. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If one actually bothers you over the other, perhaps you lead a charmed life because honestly, there are more important things in the world to worry about. ;)

Well, I do lead a charmed life. But I never said it bothered me, it's just another way of telling if someone is from SoCal.

The proposition...

I wasn't propositioning her. Well, not this time anyway. Wait, are you propositioning me? Damn, that's the third moderator this week!

Actually the worst thing is the lack of exit numbers... damn that really sucks when you are driving somewhere new.