ntrprnr

Dentists scare me... :-( Novacaine time...

When I was seven years old, I had a fight with a swimming pool. I dove in, figuring the bottom of the pool would move. It didn't, and pop went my top two front teeth.

Since then, I've had caps where my top two front teeth should be. No one notices.

After about 25 years, I've decided it's time to have them replaced. Two weeks ago I went in for fittings and moldings, and today I go in, they knock out the two caps, and put in temps to let my gums heal for about a month.

Knocking out my two front teeth in no way is how I want to be spending my Thursday afternoon.

Looped up on Novacaine or not, I'm still in no way shape or form looking forward to this.

It shouldn't bother me - Needles don't bother me - I had a freakin' BRAIN TUMOR when I was 14 - complete with 78 spinal taps. This is nothing.

So why am I more scared about my teeth (fake teeth, even) being extracted, then I was about anything else?

I'd make a horrible spy if I were ever caught.

:( Poor Peter.

Send me sympathy. And vibes. And cookies.

I'm going through pretty much the same process right now getting implants to replace some of my top teeth. It sucks. It is a long process. But it beats not having teeth or worse yet having dentures.

Best of luck. :)

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

They haven't used Novacaine in about 50 years. It is Lidocaine now.

And being scared of the dentist and hating them is exactly why they have one the highest suicide rates.

That should make you feel better. :)

-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Don't worry Peter. It isn't the pain killer you should be worried about. It is the nasty smell created as they use the high speed drill/grinder to chew off your old caps.B| I wouldn't be too concerned about the smoke either. That's why they have the little fire hose right there. So they can put out any fires they start.:o

Just trying to help.:|:P

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

You could move to England. From evidence I've seen, they don't have dentists there. :P

well they do have them but most trained as vets lol
anyway it doesnt matter were they are they all charge like wounded bulls thats why i dont like them.
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

My dentist is nice. All you have to do is ask, schedule, and pay a little extra (ok, a lot extra) to get sedated with a shot of Demorall and an IV of Valium. Really, really, really good chit! :)
In case anyones wonders why I don't go for gas, it's because I have a violent reaction to it. The last time they gave me nitrous I punched the dentist. B|

Hey Peter does your dentist offer a prescription for valium (or the like) prior to your appointment?

I have to admit that I'm so afraid of a dentist chair that I have to have a sedative to even get near the office. :$

Then I also have the nitrous. :|

It's just a thought. Good luck. :)
-Oh, and you're prolly not going to want crunchy cookies right after that...maybe ice cream though! :ph34r:

PS...{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}} :P

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Get a prescription for Valium. My dentist does it for me all the time. Even for simple cleanings. I've had a terrible fear of the dentist since I was 7. Because of the fear I get a prescription for 2 Valium everytime I make an appointment. 1 before I go to bed and one about an hour before the appointment. By the time I get there, I could care less what they do to my mouth! :)

I like my dentist. As well as the Oral surgeon I used to pull my wisdom teeth. Nothing says awesome like Versed.
Me, "Versed that's good stuff."
Oral surgeon, "Ok we're done."

I was knocked the fuck out
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192