agent_lead

thank you jordan sparks/american idol..im $2300 richer

My wife made me watch one session a couple months ago. After looking at the line up, they were obviously angling for a soulful singer - preferably a black female. A couple of the girls that also fit were less attractive (one was big, the other was 'odd' looking but really good) but had more talent. But this one was young and had a cute face, too.

I told my wife at that time that Jordan would win, they'd set it up that way somehow. Hasn't each season resulted in a winner that was targetted to a different market? (pop, country, rock, etc?) they needed an R&B market entry.

It was a bit freaky seeing the Doolittle girl (the best singer of the bunch) singing right next to the woman she was cloned from (Gladys).

The guy that made it to the finals is horrible, how did that happen? But he does seem genuine as an entertainer.

So I've seen it about 3 times over the last few years.

I feel soiled.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You watched a whole season of American Idol for $2300? I think you got screwed in the deal. Vibes

AGREED. they would have to pay me at least twice that to watch the whole season..

(who am I kidding, I would be happy with $2300:D)

I didnt watch the the season but I was betting(with no $) that She would win once they kicked off sanjaya:D
My photos

My Videos

I told my wife at that time that Jordan would win, they'd set it up that way somehow. Hasn't each season resulted in a winner that was targetted to a different market? (pop, country, rock, etc?) they needed an R&B market entry.

What about the big brother Rubin Studdurd, he was R&B...

Actually, Jordan is very much a pop singer--not R&B. They've had a couple of R&B winners already. Just because someone is black or biracial doesn't make her a "soul singer."

Actually, Jordan is very much a pop singer--not R&B. They've had a couple of R&B winners already. Just because someone is black or biracial doesn't make her a "soul singer."

You made quite a stereotyping comment in that last bit, why would you assume someone's race defaults to R&B? I was specifically talking about the Idol corp's blatant marketing tactics.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

After looking at the line up, they were obviously angling for a soulful singer - preferably a black female

You made quite a stereotyping comment in that last bit, why would you assume someone's race defaults to R&B? I was specifically talking about the Idol corp's blatant marketing tactics

Funny. I thought you were the one stereotyping. That's why I made the comment. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm the last one in the world to stereotype.\

attached is pic of my daughter;):)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I don't actually believe that of you, just returning the favor. Just because I observe something, doesn't mean I bought into it.

You daughter is very cute. Does she sing?

Here's mine. It neither proves nor disproves my opinions on the subject any more than yours should for you.

I'm a bit direct, sorry about the hamfisted approach. I mean well.

Just because I observe something, doesn't mean I bought into it.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

You daughter is very cute. Does she sing?

Here's mine. It neither proves nor disproves my opinions on the subject any more than yours should for you.

No she doesn't but this one does.:)