sartre

TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!

Discuss.

As a woman, I think it's a pretty damned good idea.

Anyone else have an opinion?

There's actually a second part of that theory:o

Trust no one and believe nothing (even if they have pics video or paper) Think CL or nigeria.

That doesn't mean you have to stay home, can't go out and party, meet people buy stoff off ebay. It just means don't leave your self in corner you can't get out of;)

Unrealistic expectations can get you in trouble, but if your expectations are exceeded its a bonus:)
Trust me I'm from the Gov't and I'm here to help you:S

Unrealistic expectations can get you in trouble

I absolutely agree! As soon as you believe that your expectations are unrealistic you are in trouble!!! No matter how improbable your expectation are you have to believe that you are capable of achieving them!!! Setting the bar low and achieving your goals everytime is weak!!! Fake it till you make it!!!

Wow that got off topic so back to trust eh...

I say trust away! If you start fearing that you are backing yourself into a corner you're gonna miss out on a lot in life.
Some advice that has shaped my life into the beautiful thing that it is...

Risky Business:

Miles: Joel, you wanna know something? Every now and then say, "What the fuck." "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.

Miles: Say "what the fuck."... If you can't say it, you can't do it.

Miles: Sometimes you gotta say "What the Fuck", make your move. Joel, every now and then, saying "What the Fuck", brings freedom. Freedom brings opportunity, opportunity brings freedom. So your parents are going out of town. You got the place all to yourself.

Joel Goodson: Yeah.

Miles: What the fuck.

ya ya so the hooker may have helped in the theft of all the belongings in his house but he got it back and she helped him run the whorehouse that fixed the porche not to mention did him on a train free of charge. If you can trust a hooker who can't you trust?

LOL!! I really posted this because of a private conversation I was having with someone.

There are many people I do trust. But I don't give someone my 100% trust until I get to know them. And even then, I have just a couple of very good friends that I would trust completely. Well, maybe a couple more than a couple.

The point I didn't make, but should of, is that people online should not be offended if you don't 100% trust them, if you have never met and gotten to know them in person.

It doesn't mean you're not trustworthy, it's just that it's probably a good idea to take some time in determining that.

Nice discussion that blossomed tho.

ANd Jewels, I do trust you 100%. And the rest of our little crew. I got extremely lucky having you all pop into my life at the same time. And lucky that ya'll let me hang with ya!!:)

ANd Jewels, I do trust you 100%.

*Tisk, tisk, tisk.* You do REMEMBER what it is that I do for a living? ;) Okay, seriously, I consider that a real privilege and I will do my best to live up to the compliment. It goes both ways, too. It has to. YOU KNOW FAR TOO MUCH! ;):$;)
TPM Sister #102

Probably the best policy, but it leaves ethical and honest people out of your life, at least temporarilly.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Not at all. It just limits access by those who are not ethical or honest.

I didn't say I refuse to associate with people I don't trust completely. I simply try not to put myself in precarious situations if I don't know someone well.

That's not to say I haven't made exceptions. Jennr8r mentioned a time earlier in this thread, and ask Bolas some time about his adventure in Denver this winter!!;)

I'm not a complete bitch, I just try to be careful.:)

ANd Jewels, I do trust you 100%.

*Tisk, tisk, tisk.* You do REMEMBER what it is that I do for a living? ;) Okay, seriously, I consider that a real privilege and I will do my best to live up to the compliment. It goes both ways, too. It has to. YOU KNOW FAR TOO MUCH! ;):$;)

As do you. And next time I see you, I have more to tell.;)

Sometimes I feel like I trust people too much. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. Gotten burnt a couple of times, but hey at least I was doing the right thing. Instead of getting burnt while doing the wrong thing.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Not at all. It just limits access by those who are not ethical or honest.

I didn't say I refuse to associate with people I don't trust completely. I simply try not to put myself in precarious situations if I don't know someone well.

That's not to say I haven't made exceptions. Jennr8r mentioned a time earlier in this thread, and ask Bolas some time about his adventure in Denver this winter!!;)

I'm not a complete bitch, I just try to be careful.:)

Would have replied sooner, but my cat just successfully disemboweled a catnip-filled toy mouse and has been going nuts for a few minutes.

It would seem that the best policy would be to reserve any and all trust until after some period of observation. It seems that you still can never really know (see my post in Womens Forum).

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Discuss.

As a woman, I think it's a pretty damned good idea.

Anyone else have an opinion?

I used to trust everyone, and could always see the good in them, but a few people along the way took advantage of that, now I doubt people sometimes.
But on that note I do give strange people lifts in my car and think about it later. Its more with my feelings I dont trust people.
You could take the piss out of me no probs and I can give as good as I get, but its when people make things personal or mess with my emotions.

Keep your friends close and your enemys closer !
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Sometimes I feel like I trust people too much. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. Gotten burnt a couple of times, but hey at least I was doing the right thing. Instead of getting burnt while doing the wrong thing.

I was going to say something like that in my previous post, but had to pee.

Several times in the past I have felt that I either gave too much away, or trusted someone too much. But what do you do? Being honest is very important to me, and I expect nothing less from others. Been burned too, but like oyu, I'm not totally hardened yet. Good/Bad? Who knows, but right now it seems good.

-NickDG

I was going to say something like that in my previous post, but had to pee.

Several times in the past I have felt that I either gave too much away, or trusted someone too much. But what do you do? Being honest is very important to me, and I expect nothing less from others. Been burned too, but like oyu, I'm not totally hardened yet. Good/Bad? Who knows, but right now it seems good.

Tis better to tell the truth then to get cought in a lie.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!

(Just don't trust the Cigarette-Smoking-Man).

:P

Oh Oh what movie ?

I can't tell you. But if you really want to know, then put two crossed strips of masking tape on your window and a grumpy black man will show up tonight to give you a hint.:D

It was the Xfiles figured it out in the tub last night haha
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

It's good that being honest is important to you. It is to me as well. But experience teaches you that not everyone is honest, and even honest people aren't honest all of the time.

As for your reference earlier, about how you never really know for sure...that's true. Which is why it is called trust. At some point you do have to let go and trust, and hope that it is not betrayed.

If we had a magic way to know when we would and wouldn't get betrayed, there'd be no need for trust.

There's no way to make sure you don't get burned. It's a given. But I've found for me, I am burned less often if I am more cautious initially.

I can't tell you. But if you really want to know, then put two crossed strips of masking tape on your window and a grumpy black man will show up tonight to give you a hint.:D

It was the Xfiles figured it out in the tub last night haha

So Mr. X showed up and caught you in the tub???:o:o:o

(Lucky bastard!)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Discuss.

Keep your friends close and your enemys closer !

>:( how close do you keep me>:(

Behave >:(:P
Just trying to figure out if I'm friend or foe:P:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

There's no way to make sure you don't get burned. It's a given. But I've found for me, I am burned less often if I am more cautious initially.

Be VERY cautious initially (actually always). Dont't rule out Dweebs, Dorks, and Nerds from the beginning, though, cuz you never know, they might be pretty OK people after you get to know them!

-NickDG