Shotgun

What is it like to be in jail?

All this talk about Paris Hilton is making me wonder... What is it actually like to be in jail? (Hopefully I'll never get to find out for myself!)

My wife did a year in prison. From what I hear jail can be worse than prison, and it depends on which one you go to.

Due to the shorter time spent in jail they have less priveldges time: for programs like rehab, counceling, learning to spell, new skills etc, play activities. All the productive fun stuff.

There's some guy named Goatse that LOOKS like he knows!

EDIT: for typo. + Detail if you really want it.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

For a female, probably just what Krip described. For a male, I dunno. just Goatse-related rumors for male prisoners. Ya REALLY wanna know?

EDIT: too many beers to type correctly

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Yes, I really want to know!

(I think.)

WAY, WAY NSFW

Don't even think about looking

This is not a link:

Goatse NO SPACE Marathon DOT com

-NickDG

Honestly, my sis in law is a prison counselor. She says that most of the horrible stuff you hear about is from high security state prisons. If you're just in county jail, it probably sucks (comfort, food, freedom, etc.), but is not all that dangerous if you don't cause trouble. Generally, people don't end up along side the really hard-core inmates without already being pretty hard-core after drifting through the system for years.

-NickDG

Sucks. First time I was in Adult Jail, I had been Charged with Inciting to Riot. Felony, Looking at 1 to 5 years.

Story behind it was I was in College and a Group of Skinheads had obtained a permit to march through Downtown Atlanta to Protest the MLK Holiday. I went down to go watch them get their ass beat. Figured it would be a great way spend a Saturday afternoon.:S

Get down to the counter protests and listen all the speakers like a good little College Liberal that I was at that time. The March starts. 3, 000 National Guardsmen surrounding the Small group of Skinhead that had the permit to march and about 100,000 counter protesters. I am following along enjoying the chaos and manage to push my way to the front of the crowd. The back of the crowd starts throwing bricks and Bottles, The only thing they are accomplishing is hitting those of us in the front and the poor national Guardsmen. Police, GBI and Military everywhere. The Police and GBI form a line separating the Protesters and Military from the Counter protesters.

Someone in the crowd yells, "He has a Gun", I look back and see a Guy with a Pistol behind me. The GBI agents in front of me draw their Guns. I am in the middle, the dead center. Being the Brave Macho Mega man I am, I do the only reasonable thing.
Drop to the ground in a fetal position, Cover my head and start praying.

It seems one GBI agent saw me go down and for some reason assumed it was me that had the Gun. They Rush over and land with both Knees square in my back and Grab my hair and start pounding my head into the pavement screaming "where’s the Gun!!", As I am about to loose consciousness I can see through the Blood streaming down my face the ATL Police have the Guy with the Gun in custody already. Of course news camera were starting to arrive, So the GBI agent cant just let me go with my head split open and Blood Covering my face, So The arrest me and charge me with Inciting to Riot.

In to the waiting wagon with the 100`s of others that were being arrested for throwing the Bricks and Bottles. Off to jail we go.

Takes them about 6 hours to get around to “processing” me. It was then that I find out Noooo, I didn’t get disorderly conduct like everyone else. I get the big bad Felony charge. Now This is Atlanta.. I am the ONLY White guy arrested at the protests. Somehow my fellow cellmates think Dyed Blue/Black hair 16” Bangs (Think Danzig) (yes, I still had Hair then!) and tattoos clearly mean that I was one of the Skin heads. I am placed in a Holding Cell made to hold 10 people that is currently holding over 50. As I am tossed in to surly get a serious ass whooping.. Luckily one of the Brothers in there remembers talking to me in the Counter Protest Crowd and comes to my defense.

By now I have been custody for 8 hours. No Food, No Phone call, Dried Blood all over me. (This was before cell phones were everywhere.) Finally going to get to make a call after 20 Hours. They give me 1 bandaid and 1 anticeptic wipe for the gash on head and off I go.

My bond was set at $50K (or $5K to the Bail bondsmen). Call Mom.
Uhh.. Got an extra $50K laying around?? Uhh No?? Ummm Ever hear the song Money Guns and Lawyers by warren zevon?? Yes.. Good cause that is what I need right now.

It boils down to they will have to post a property Bond to get me released. But that means I am in Jail till they can get the paper work on Monday (So I thought). Monday rolls around.

They transfer me upstairs to a bigger cell in what Looks like a Big Gym with about 200 Bunk Beds. Being locked up sucks!!! Listening to every tell their story of how they didn’t do it was even worse. Been in custody since Noon on Saturday. Nothing. No contact, No Arraignment, Nothing. Tuesday around noon they finally come get me. Takes another 4 hours of waiting back down stairs before they finally get around to signing whatever papers needed to be signed and releasing me. Mom had been waiting out side for over 24 hours since turning in all the paper work for the property bond for them to release me. Nothing happens fast at the Jail. They get around to you when they get around to it. Don’t like that? They will take even longer. The food was horrible as you would expect. The Toilets wide open. It sucked.

Got a Lawyer, Charges were reduces to Disorderly. Only cost me $2K in legal fees to walk away from that with a $100 Fine.

Moral of this story?? If you see a Skinhead, Dont wait for everyone else to kick their ass. Do it yourself and get it over with before the GBI show up.:D

OK........ that's not what I was expecting, but thanks. B|

And now I must warn everyone else... You really don't want to look at that. Trust me. (No seriously, trust me!) :)

OMG how many STD's did my laptop just get from that damn site...B|B|B|B|

Ok if anyone was wondering, shotgun wasn't kidding...DO NOT fucking look at that site.

Gaddamn I need some fucking clorox to burn that 5 seconds out of my eyes...B|B|B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Very unpleasant.

Do you like to see the sun?
Do you like food?
Do you like to piss/crap in private?
Do you like things like a bed, towels, etc.?

Well you dont get none of that shit.

Some jails throw you in with the county inmates (12 months or less). They wont be friendly.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Warned ya! But I checked the site for STD's first.....Safer than going to Paris for an hour!

-NickDG

Ok, so what is it like to be in prison? (Other than what Krip has already described.)

I work in one now and have worked in several others. I just know that I'm glad I get to leave everyday. Prisons are very grey. All concrete. with blue heavy doors that makes a lound noise when it closes behind you. razor sharp wire on fences. Large field of grass, no trees, no flowers, just grass.

The worst is the smell. It reaks of urine and shit and man sweat. The food looks horrid. Mystery meat. Lots of carbohydrates. High acidic diet. then there is your "cellie."

You are told when to awake, when to sleep, when to eat, when to go outside. No control over your own environment at all. I don't think I could ever make it.

And now I must warn everyone else... You really don't want to look at that. Trust me. (No seriously, trust me!) :)

OMG how many STD's did my laptop just get from that damn site...B|B|B|B|

Ok if anyone was wondering, sihotgun wasn't kidding...DO NOT fucking look at that site.

Gaddamn I need some fucking clorox to burn that 5 seconds out of my eyes...B|B|B|

I should have listened to you. Wow, I need to watch "little house on the prairie" to get over that.

Ok, so what is it like to be in prison? (Other than what Krip has already described.)

I work in one now and have worked in several others. I just know that I'm glad I get to leave everyday. Prisons are very grey. All concrete. with blue heavy doors that makes a lound noise when it closes behind you. razor sharp wire on fences. Large field of grass, no trees, no flowers, just grass.

The worst is the smell. It reaks of urine and shit and man sweat. The food looks horrid. Mystery meat. Lots of carbohydrates. High acidic diet. then there is your "cellie."

You are told when to awake, when to sleep, when to eat, when to go outside. No control over your own environment at all. I don't think I could ever make it.

Hi DFWAG

My wife was in a womens prison Wa Corr Center for Women aka WCCW aka WE Can't Count Women:D

FWIW she only did a year because she was a instructor. But your description of the doors, razor wire, entering thru control, etc. is right on

Our joke was the people in prison aren't very nice and then you have to deal with the inmates.

Very strange when female inmates that have been in prison for yr's get prego. Found out it's against the rules for the CO's to have sex with the inmates but not against the law.:S

The CO's have total power and control over the inmates so the sex is usually "consensual":S

The prisons are larger than jails so there's more places to hide and do the nasty. Girl girl. boy girl.
The hetro women called it strickly dickly.[:/]

The wife siad if she ever was a guest she want to be confined to the hole.[:/]