skymama

I love my Neti Pot!

Hmm, interesting timing on your post... I was about to order one from eBay today to try. But if you got it at a local drugstore that sounds easier. Which store?

I've always assumed I had allergies, but I'm honestly not sure if that's what it is. All the little things like stuffy nose and scratchy throat I can handle, the worst part for me is that I actually feel lazy and sluggish when my allergies (if that's what they are) act up. I don't know what causes it (I do have cats, but it comes and goes so it can't be them), but when it's bad my head and body ache together.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

It's kind of weird to use, but you get used to it.

Umm, it takes a lot more for me to get used to pain like that. But it's really good for sinuses. I would do that after getting dust up my nose from the tunnel. It works. But it hurts.

We used to have a sinus doctor that jumped at Mile Hi until he broke both femurs, and I haven't seen him since I visited him in the hospital a few years ago. Anyway, I guess this guy went all over the country lecturing on sinus allergies, and he would pretty much say this same thing - snort water to clear out the nasal cavity. He would have you lean way back and get the water to flush out the back of your sinus cavity too.

This is not for the weak ...
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

You don't snort it though, you just let it run and gravity makes it work. If you're snorting it, you're doing it wrong. You really just lean over and tilt your head.

Matt, I got it at Walgreens, someone else found it at CVS. It's in the regular aisle along with all the other sinus stuff. The one I bought is called Sinu Cleanse.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's kind of weird to use, but you get used to it.

Umm, it takes a lot more for me to get used to pain like that. But it's really good for sinuses. I would do that after getting dust up my nose from the tunnel. It works. But it hurts.

We used to have a sinus doctor that jumped at Mile Hi until he broke both femurs, and I haven't seen him since I visited him in the hospital a few years ago. Anyway, I guess this guy went all over the country lecturing on sinus allergies, and he would pretty much say this same thing - snort water to clear out the nasal cavity. He would have you lean way back and get the water to flush out the back of your sinus cavity too.

This is not for the weak ...

I use the Grossan Hydropulse. This thing solved my rather chronic, sinus problem.

http://www.hydromedonline.com/hp.html

Yves.

[I would do that after getting dust up my nose from the tunnel.

Last night at the tunnel, in the middle of a session, they had to do a shutdown for an emergency tunnel-rat swap when the rat in the tunnel suddenly developed a nose-bleed from the dry air.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, different techniques ;) The doc said you gotta snort it to get it far enough back into your sinuses. The only downside of just tilting your head is that it only seems to get into the front part of your nasal cavity. Although that helps, he said it's not as effective. But yeah, it hurts more B|

On the plus side, I will never, ever become a cocaine addict.

Last night at the tunnel, in the middle of a session, they had to do a shutdown for an emergency tunnel-rat swap when the rat in the tunnel suddenly developed a nose-bleed from the dry air.

Man, I used to have little respect for the rats, until I started to hang out more at the tunnel. Those guys take a beating for sure! BTW - a full-face completely solved my problem. The rats don't get to wear them because the students need to see what they're saying.

BTW - a full-face completely solved my problem.

Ah! That explains why I never had a problem with it; I've always worn a full-face. I was soooo thankful for it the first time I stepped into the tunnel in an RW suit with booties, and promptly did my impression of a bug on a windshield against the far wall.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

did my impression of a bug on a windshield against the far wall.

See, I was hoping it would give me more confidence in there - one less thing to whack. But sadly, I'm still a coward in there. Those walls are scary.