floridadiver81

My First job as a civilian! "sweetness"

So i meet my gf's dad for the first time last friday at her daughter's bday party and we start talking. we chit chat for a few hours over some beer...he seems like an awesome guy. so tuesday i get home from work and my girl tells me that she talked to him and he wants me to come work directly for him when i get out of the navy in like a month and a half. He is a superintendant at Haskell construction...which if you are not familiar with them they are a HUGE construction company in the southeast. The got the 50 million dollar contract to renovate ALLTELL stadium..which is where the Jaguars play. He is starting me at 15 dollars an hour and from what he said i could be up at the 25 dollar an hour level. On top of that ill be getting 300 dollars a week per diem for going out of town. After i finish my business degree(which i decided to switch to) i can go work in the corporate offices making in the low 6 figures a year! Sometimes its no what you know its who you know. Her dad is helping me get my foot in the door...then i finish my degree and start climbing the corporate level. Right now i make 25,000 a year in the military as an E-4. With that company starting i will be at 60,000-70,000 a year without a college degree. I get that and i go up over 100,000 a year. Money for jumping will most certainly not be an issue anymore. hell...ill buy a keg every weekend im out there..for after hours of course.....and yes i know...first job out of the military...i owe beer anyway :P:D:D:D:D:D
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

umm..im changing my major to business management..so i can get to the corporate level...unless im not understanding what you are referring to???
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie

honestly..this is the first woman in a LOOOOOOOOONG time i actually completely click with. Our relationship is remarkable so far..her kids like me...her family loves me cuze i help around the house...doing dishes, taking out the trash...general cleanup..etc. Its going great..and working with her dad is going to start me down a part that i didnt think i would get to this quickly!

You only make 25,000 a year as an E-4? I got out of the navy back in 2001 and made more than that. And that was back in 2001.

I was stationed in California at the time but still, that is a big difference in years.

I was glad to get out too, but I lived off the GI bill until I graduated and needed to get a job. Take advantage of the opportunity of someone offering you a good paying job. It is a tough market out in civilian world
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

umm..im changing my major to business management..so i can get to the corporate level...unless im not understanding what you are referring to???

Just do the math on your starting $/hr and per diem. You're nowhere near 60k. It would be a real shame to get all hyped up and then think your getting screwed by your gf's dad, which would then cause trouble at home with the gf. Not an easy situation.

Just do the math on your starting $/hr and per diem. You're nowhere near 60k. It would be a real shame to get all hyped up and then think your getting screwed by your gf's dad, which would then cause trouble at home with the gf. Not an easy situation.

Not including the fact that per diem is being paid for a reason...he'll be out of town and have corresponding expenses. $300 per week doesn't stretch real far when you've got to pay for a hotel room and nothing but restaurant meals.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

her family loves me cuze i help around the house...doing dishes, taking out the trash...general cleanup..etc. Its going great..and working with her dad is going to start me down a part that i didnt think i would get to this quickly!

So, uh, when's the wedding?

Walt

Not including the fact that per diem is being paid for a reason...he'll be out of town and have corresponding expenses. $300 per week doesn't stretch real far when you've got to pay for a hotel room and nothing but restaurant meals.

Geez. There you all go again, pointing out the facts. Y'know, there's really no need to do that; he'll figure out he's getting screwed by his boss eventually, just like we did. ;)

umm..after month ill go to 25 dollars an hour...with per diem = 67,600. 25*40 hours a week...plus 300 per diem. i think you should check your math there. And as far as the expenses he told me i could crash with him as long as i cook...lol. even trade off if ya ask me...cooking for two people...yeah..i can do that with my eyes closed.

as far as the wedding....lol..there are some thing that have to get worked out before that happens. No biggie though.

So, uh, when's the wedding?

Who cares about all that, when is our wedding? A marriage based on me needing health insurance is bound to be successful.:D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

umm..after month ill go to 25 dollars an hour...with per diem = 67,600. 25*40 hours a week...plus 300 per diem. i think you should check your math there. And as far as the expenses he told me i could crash with him as long as i cook...lol. even trade off if ya ask me...cooking for two people...yeah..i can do that with my eyes closed.

OK, at $25/hour, you'll make $67,600 per year...IF you spend all 52 weeks with your girlfriend's dad instead of with her. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

umm..after month ill go to 25 dollars an hour...

So you're not talking about your starting salary then, are you... You are talking about something that is being said as possible in a month.

with per diem

As Dave pointed out, if you are out of town, $300 doenst get you far. As I know I wouldnt want to crash at my boss's place more then necessary. Same with my inlaw. Both of them being the same person? yikes!
Remster

i get along great with her dad. i can see wew are already going to be drinking buds...no issues there. he already said i could crash there and pocket the per diem. i told him ill be his personal chef...so its an equal trade off.

I thought i said after i went to the 25 dollar and hour pay rate it would be 67K a year. But yeah..thats what i meant. even at 46 a year with 15/hour..thats not too bad considering im coming right out of the navy and i dont have a finished degree yet. At least thats my opinion.

umm..yeah actually she does. She has 5 sisters. she is 28...going down one is 27 then 18 then 16 then 13 then 11...so that give you two options at best...lol

edited to add: the 27 year old one is the only single one that i know of..well..the 13 and 11 year old arent dating yet..luckily...lol.