ACMESkydiver

Dropzone.com WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE -Week 3

Hi everyone, how are we doing? :)
Here's my stuff:

Program -Atkins kinda (20gm total carbs daily)
Pilates 3-4 days per week; cardio daily
This week: +1 >:(:(
Total: back down to 9 pounds.

I know, I know...everyone says when you start building muscle mass to ignore the scale for a week or two whilest the body adjusts, but dammit I HATE stalls when I am working this hard! >:(

I haven't cheated on my diet...I have worked out every single day since joining the gym. And another serendipity to this new-found love o' healthy stuff: my moods are outstanding. B| I feel like I'm on top of the world, and I can clearly visualize what I'm going to look like after I've melted off this extra weight and started building the muscles back.

I've been dealing with some scary stuff with my daddy. I found it interesting that I was able to bounce right back and take control again without letting the fear and doom of it all drag me under. I was back out of a depression almost as fast as I sunk into it. I'm able to have compassion and concern for dad without the crippling fear and sorrow that I was dealing with for a few hours (yep hours, not days...) In the past, I would have eaten a ton of comfort food and just tried to hide from life, but I feel that I'm dealing with stress in a much healthier way now that I'm paying attention to what I eat and how I move. That's a good thing. B|

And my doc took a TON of blood work and stuff, so I'll have the results of that next week to make sure I'm doing the right thing with this particular diet.

So what's everyone else doing? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm stalled too (still) but I hit the gym 3 times this week so far. I can't go tonight but I did some crunches and worked with my dumbells at home this morning, so at least it was something! And I can't really say that I'm "dieting" either. My biggest problem is probably eating at night when I get home from a workout. Even if I try to keep it sensible, its still eating after 9:00pm. So, under the circumstances, I guess maintaining is OK!
I just need to make that transition to morning cardio. Actually, the way things are going at work, I'll need to just to make sure I can squeeze in regular workouts!

Oh, and I bought one of those scales that calculates body fat percentage a few months back. My sister calls it the "Scale of Shame" but I call it the "Insult-O-Meter"! (I think they should make them with sound- and have the scale either yell insults or encouragement at you when you weigh yourself! Its meant to keep track of your progress, so why not add a little humor?) I'm not 100% certain its accurate; it reads my percentage at a really high level, but it is moving in the right direction ever so slowly. So even if I'm not losing weight, I appear to be losing some fat.

I don't own a scale, but my boy told me he can tell i lost weight. And i can actually feel it too.

I haven't been doing anything too special. Just watching my portion sizes and exercising a few days a week.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Previos Week Weight: 269
This Weeks Weight: 263.6
Change From Last Week: -5.4 pounds!!!!
Total weight loss from April 17 (when I started): -37.4 pounds

So thats 13.6 punds to go before my fist skydive!!!! It's so close I can't wait!!!!
Anyway, the Jiu Jitsu is still incredible. I actually earned my first stripe for my belt!!! I was shocked to say the least. I've only been there for a little over 2 months, so I was expecting another month or two (at least) before my first stripe, but apparently I'm doing pretty well. See you all next week!!

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Oh, and I bought one of those scales that calculates body fat percentage a few months back. My sister calls it the "Scale of Shame" but I call it the "Insult-O-Meter"! (I think they should make them with sound- and have the scale either yell insults or encouragement at you when you weigh yourself! Its meant to keep track of your progress, so why not add a little humor?)

:D:D:D:D
~Jaye

I always ordered 10lb bag of 100% WHEY "Gold Standard" to build mass muscle and help burn fat and digest fast. I always eat salad with meat on top everyday. Protein is mostly important for body and build bulk of muscle. I lost 20 lbs of fat but my weight went up 15 lb by gain muscles. Well it's good! Muscle is good than having fat in body. I work out evey 4 times a week. Mon-Tues and Thurs-Fri. I always jogs on Wedensday and Sat. Good enough.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Previos Week Weight: 269
This Weeks Weight: 263.6
Change From Last Week: -5.4 pounds!!!!
Total weight loss from April 17 (when I started): -37.4 pounds

So thats 13.6 punds to go before my fist skydive!!!! It's so close I can't wait!!!!
Anyway, the Jiu Jitsu is still incredible. I actually earned my first stripe for my belt!!! I was shocked to say the least. I've only been there for a little over 2 months, so I was expecting another month or two (at least) before my first stripe, but apparently I'm doing pretty well. See you all next week!!

That's an incredible weight loss! good job on your jiu jitsu, and we'll see ya in the sky soon. :)
~Jaye

may i ask, what's your daily total calorie intake??

It is varying from 900-1750 calories. I don't always track it on fitday.com...but the days that I bother to add it up in my head or enter it into the website, that's what it ends up being.
~Jaye

It is varying from 900-1750 calories. I don't always track it on fitday.com...but the days that I bother to add it up in my head or enter it into the website, that's what it ends up being.

you keep that up, it'll turn around for ya.... Just keep slugging it out in the gym.....don't stop!!!B|

you keep that up, it'll turn around for ya.... Just keep slugging it out in the gym.....don't stop!!!B|

HOORAY!!! :)
~Jaye

I was down 9 pounds on Tuesday.

Wednesday I broke down from all the stress - it was either pizza or a ciggie. I chose the pizza.

I haven't stepped on a scale since, I don't want to discourage myself if I gained weight back.

I haven't had a chance to even start the excercise program. I've been working 12 hour days, and I get to work tomorrow.

Next week looks like my work schedule is going to lighten up, hopefully I'll actually see daylight and get my buttocks out.

Keep it up Jaye!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I was down 9 pounds on Tuesday.

Wednesday I broke down from all the stress - it was either pizza or a ciggie. I chose the pizza.

I haven't stepped on a scale since, I don't want to discourage myself if I gained weight back.

I haven't had a chance to even start the excercise program. I've been working 12 hour days, and I get to work tomorrow.

Next week looks like my work schedule is going to lighten up, hopefully I'll actually see daylight and get my buttocks out.

Keep it up Jaye!!!

Awright, 9 pounds is wonderful! B| You did it right though...if you have to take a break & fall off the horse, get right back up there and don't look at that scale for a while!

And congrats on not smoking. I've been doing this smoke-free since I started working out -I gasp enough as it is, it's great motivation to not light up in those stressful moments.

You made a good decision; I'm betting the smoking would have been harder habit to break again than some pizza. ;)
~Jaye

I'm cutting out alcohol & going back to the gym & hiking.

I drink a lot of craft-brewed beer, and even brew my own, so it REALLY sucks that I have to give it up.

Since storing extra calories as fat is supposed to be a survival mechanism, and clearly if you're drinking beer you're not on the edge of survival, I just don't think it's fair that beer should be stored as fat.

someone should complain to God about this one.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I know, I know...everyone says when you start building muscle mass to ignore the scale for a week or two whilest the body adjusts, but dammit I HATE stalls when I am working this hard!

see, this is why I'm doing it by waistline, not pounds.

I'm lifting weights in the gym now so I hope to build muscle & lose fat, so I'm not concerned with my weight, I'm concerned with losing fat around the midsection, so I'm just using a tape measure, not a scale.

But then, I'm a man & we tend to gain fat mostly in one place: around the waist, so it's easy to measure.
still, it seems to me that losing fat is more important than losing total weight.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Since storing extra calories as fat is supposed to be a survival mechanism, and clearly if you're drinking beer you're not on the edge of survival, I just don't think it's fair that beer should be stored as fat.

someone should complain to God about this one.

I think it should just increase your energy and burn itself off in support of what happens when a male and female have attraction to each other and drink many, many beers...:DB|
~Jaye

start 220
current 215
delta -5
to go 35
goal 180

Not really trying yet, still not pissed off about it enough,

but getting there fast
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

I'm still a fat ass. I checked myself on friday and I was still 197. At least I did not add any.

I just started jumping a classic 304 and I don't land like a sack of poo with it. Accuracy is pretty fun when the landings don't hurt. :)