ACMESkydiver

DZ.com WEIGHT LOSS/HEALTH Challenge -Week 5

I didn't weigh in this morning...sorry! :$

I can't do it after I've eaten something or I don't believe the scale anyhoo. :D

Well here's my deal:

Lower carb...I totally SCREWED UP my diet this week, but I have continued to exercise every day (I cannot raise my arms above my shoulders right now as a matter of fact owing to my grueling upper body workout yesterday). :P

So all in all, still on track...I know the diet part is going to be difficult today again -my sis and daughter and I are driving down to Portland, and meals on the road present such temptation! [:/] We're supposed to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory tonight for dinner...oy, at least I'll be bringing my carb blockers. :P

how about everyone else? How ya doing? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Diets do not work - period.

I have tried many diets, and yes I lost a lot of poundage but eventually it always comes back, why? - because diets make you focus on food.

A bit like, "I must not ever ever eat that big chocolate cake that is smothered in all that cream and jam. Yep I must not eat it". Now I cant stop thinking about the damn cake !

Throughout every diet I have ever tried I have always woke up thinking "what am I going to eat or not eat today” Food would occupy my thoughts so much it would do me in.

I recently found a solution which is not a diet. More of a better way to eat. It is based around four rules:

1. When you are hungry - EAT.
2. Eat whatever you want.
3. Consciously chew and enjoy every mouthful - don’t just cram it in.
4. When you begin to think you are full - STOP EATING.

This is really working for me. I don’t weigh myself but I am already 2 jean sizes smaller. And I have only been doing it 8 weeks.

But the best thing about the system is that I no longer constantly think or worry about food.

BP
:)

Previos Week Weight: 263.2 pounds
Current Week Weight: 259.4 pounds
Weight Change: -3.8 pounds
Total Weight Loss (Since April 17): 41.6 pounds

And for the record- thats 9.4 pounds to go until my first skydive! I can't wait.

Still on the just eat healthy (and nothing after 9pm) diet and Jiu Jitsu twice a week. The training is still great- I look forward to going every week. Hope everyone else is doing well. Keep up the good work.

So anyone know how much we have all lost collectivley?????

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Maintaining a loss of 9 lbs.

Been much better this week at sticking to the 6 smalls meals per day. 2 more weeks for a follow up with the Dr. to see how the thyroid is doing.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

i didn't sign up for this at the beginning, because I wasn't committed to doing it. But my wife and I went on the South Beach diet three weeks ago, vegetarian version. There are three phases and you're supposed to do phase one for 2 weeks, then transition to phase two until you hit your ideal weight and then phase three is the I've-changed-my-eating-habits-maintenance phase. We've stayed on phase 1 an extra week because my wife wasn't getting the results she expected. So far I've lost 17 pounds, but I've increased my physical activity a lot with a lot of major yard work.

i miss beer.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

We've stayed on phase 1 an extra week because my wife wasn't getting the results she expected. So far I've lost 17 pounds

Lemme gues...she lost 1.5 lbs? :|

I HATE IT when men diet!!! >:(>:(>:(:D It's very much like that commercial with the talking stick figure woman next to her husband and he loses tons of weight by doing tiny things and she isn't losing any...:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.