Cashmanimal

Practical joke-- jump 100

What canopy was in the rig? Well what size, i see your profile says Spectre

Its a 210. Nothing that would have hurt him...but thats not the point. He didnt know it wasnt a 104 Alpha.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

But IIRC,
the legstraps didnt fit him and he was fighting to keep them from falling to the back of his knees during the whole jump. That SCREAMS get a different rig. Then, when he was under canopy he was havig issues, right?
My photos

My Videos

what alternative, that his parents would be married when they gave birth?:D

Dont mind him , Jim...hes very young and feeling his oats cuz hes going bigtime at the Air Force Academy.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Dont mind him , Jim...hes very young and feeling his oats cuz hes going bigtime at the Air Force Academy.

Lowered the standards did they?! :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

dont discount me just cuz i have low jump numbers, but what if murphy's law comes into play and you accidentally routed the bridle incorrectly or something of that nature... not trying to get down on your packing skills but shit happens

what happens if on opening you distract your buddy and he needed to make a split second decision to turn,

injury and death are a possibility so no i can't say that its a sound idea or not, but your obviously going to do it regardless of what we think. but this isnt about experience with canopy flight and skydiving, its just common sense that you wouldnt mess with something that could potentially kill someone, its a two way street it can save your life or take it.

hey think about this, what if you do this to your bud, and he decides hes gonna do something to yours, you want him messing with your gear? forget that.

just my $0.02
Fly it like you stole it

Lowered the standards did they?! :o

Quite considerably.
My photos

My Videos

Well not really, Bozo just done the whole "whats the big deal we done it all the time, how the sport has changed" and while the guy was talking about kicking people in the nuts so hard they would "probably never jump again from being in a fetal position"

Not direct quotes but was fun, i agree with the old bastard :D

I wish, I coulda' been there!:D You make it sound too 'juicy':D!

Chuck

Thats fucking funny. Hope he took it all in :D

He had no choice....I was very close to his face.
I wasnt mad because he jumped my gear. I was mad because he obviously never checks his gear before jumping it. If he had he would have known it wasnt his.

I've seen that happen so many times!:D There for awhile, it seemed that all the 'noobs' were ordering Dolphins, through me. For some unknown reason, most of them had the 'standard' gray dolphin embroidered on their rig. It'd get to the point of funny, watching them hurriedly going through all those rigs trying to pick theirs out while someone in the background was yelling 'GEAR-UP!'.

Chuck

dont discount me just cuz i have low jump numbers, but what if murphy's law comes into play and you accidentally routed the bridle incorrectly or something of that nature... not trying to get down on your packing skills but shit happens

what happens if on opening you distract your buddy and he needed to make a split second decision to turn,

injury and death are a possibility so no i can't say that its a sound idea or not, but your obviously going to do it regardless of what we think. but this isnt about experience with canopy flight and skydiving, its just common sense that you wouldnt mess with something that could potentially kill someone, its a two way street it can save your life or take it.

hey think about this, what if you do this to your bud, and he decides hes gonna do something to yours, you want him messing with your gear? forget that.

just my $0.02

1) I would NEVER do anything to anybody that I would not accept having done to myself. We all trust each other whole-heartedly with our gear, and packing for each other (for free, even) is a very common practice or us. So if one day he does the same thing to me, absolutely fair and invited.

2) The jump was fantastic. Being a Vector 2, the flaps did not hold down as well as I thought they would, not too much coverage, so all morning anytime the rig was bumped the flour/baby powder hybrid would trickle out of the flaps. It was hard to keep it hidden. When he did his gear check, he noticed some of it, and got a bit susicous, and asked what was going on (in a fun, light way.).

I got there early and went through it with the rigger, and the consensus is I should have put more flour in there. I has about 10 handfull's of flour, and most of a bottle of baby powder.

For the dive we did a whip and it was extremely fun. Unfortunately the exit got squirrelly, and by the time we got it together I was the one who got whipped. I turned around real quick to get the shot of the opening, and it looked great from the sky AND the ground. The powder on top of the d-bag went first, with a slight delay for the powder inside the bag. It created about about a 300 foot tall column of white in the sky that people on the ground said was just hysterical.

Before the jump we kept dropping hints, saying things like "remember the most important thing in skydiving is the pull. The pull is huge. Make sure you gt the pull right. Watch your opening...."

He told me later he wished we hadn't said all that stuff, because he knew something was coming :S. He said the shock and amusement value would have been that much better had we not said anything.

He had absolutely no problem whatsoever with what we did, which was no surprise to any of us as we know him and have this trust and respect for each other, no matter how other people may see it.

He also got sneak-attacked with pies while he and I "rehearsed" a dive we did later with noodles.

I will post the video when I get a chance....
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye