skymama

Lindsay arrested again

I swear, Lohan is just as bad as Paris, maybe worse... throw her ass in jail for a month. :|

Has Paris been in any trouble since she got out of jail?

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here.

She just got out of rehab! :S

Sad, sad, sad...it's too bad, she's a pretty good little actress. Or, she was.

Here is a question....WHY does any of this matter?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

My wife was watching one of those entertainment shows last night - Entertainment Tonight or Extra - something like that. I hate them.

So a segment comes on about Lohan partying at the beach, but wearing a bulky ankle monitor to "monitor her alcohol intake." It doesn't sound like the SCRAM was court-ordered. It was either not being worn or turned off, though she seemed more than willing to show it off to the press.

So what was she busted for yesterday?
1) DUI;
2) Driving on a suspended license; (do these first two sound familiar???); and
3) Possession of cocaine.

The suspended license was for a DUI less than two months ago - a drunken driving incident that occurred prior to her turning 21. She just turned herself in for the previous DUI last week!

Two DUI's in two months? Cocaine? Suspended license? After the Paris Hilton stuff?

My over-under for Lohan's sentence will be 6 months.

As an aside, my wife also pointed out that that the show segment included fashion coverage of:
1) Lohan;
2) Paris Hilton;
3) Robert Kardassian's drunken daughter; and
4) David Hasselhoff.

Now, each of these fashion statements has an extensive and recent history of being out of control on drugs/alcohol, etc.

Also ironic is that the Kardassian gal was at a Nicole Brown Foundation benefit. :S

My wife is hotter than your wife.

What a waste of cocaine:S

"There's no happy ending to cocaine. You either die, you go to jail, or else you run out.” - Sam Kinison

"I called a detox center - just to see how much it would cost: $13,000 for three weeks! My friends, if you can come up with thirteen grand, you don't have a problem yet. You're not in serious shape yet.” - Sam Kinison

I wonder if there's any sentence enhancements... Is she still on bail for her last DUI, or did she plead out? I know there was a sentence enhancement for committing another crime while on felony bail, but I think her first one was a misdemeanor, so I wonder how it would affect her sentence.

The news articles are kind of confusing, but her earlier charges have not been adjudicated yet.

A legal question: To what extent can her most recent charges be used by the prosecutor in a trial, i.e. can they be admitted into evidence even if there is no conviction yet? If not, and she is convicted, can they be used by a judge in sentencing?

Can they be considered by the judge if she petitions to enter a deferred prosecution/diversion program?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The news articles are kind of confusing, but her earlier charges have not been adjudicated yet.

A legal question: To what extent can her most recent charges be used by the prosecutor in a trial, i.e. can they be admitted into evidence even if there is no conviction yet? If not, and she is convicted, can they be used by a judge in sentencing?

Can they be considered by the judge if she petitions to enter a deferred prosecution/diversion program?

I have no idea. I've only ever seen crime-bail-crime happen with felonies, so I'm not sure how they treat a misdemeanor.

To what extent can her most recent charges be used by the prosecutor in a trial, i.e. can they be admitted into evidence even if there is no conviction yet?

Typically, evidence of specific instances of a person's conduct are inadmissible to prove that the person did the crime that he or she is alleged. The reason is simple: just because a person did something once does not mean that the person did it this time. Whether she comitted one DUI is irrelevant as to whether she committed THIS DUI.

the sentence is enhanced. For a second conviction it usually means a 90-120 day sentence. But with possession on top of it, well, who knows.

I'm also not a criminal attorney, so I was just basing this on a brief look at the code.