ntrprnr

Cold Showers - Anyone take them? (Not for frustration, thanks...)

Got into them about six months ago for running - now I rarely turn on the hot water. It's the best wake up call there is - better than coffee. I used to be such a hot water slut, too - but now it's all about the blast of the arctic.

Anyone else?

Lukewarm to cool for me after my morning workout - the locker room at my gym is too warm to properly cool down otherwise. But cold? No. I don't have blue balls anyway. :P:P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

When I was in the army (I know, another one of these stupid stories :P) we had community showers at basic (oh joy :S). There were 8 shower heads, and we had to get 106 women all showered in 25 minutes. :|

Obviously, we're all just standing around in towels waiting for someone to walk out. It absolutley SUCKED to get Alipati's shower...Alipati was a native Hawaiian, and she never had warm water where she grew up on the island, so walking in after her was always followed closely by hopping, screaming, and a stream of obscenities...:D:D:D

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yup, I've been on a cold shower kick for the last month or so. I got back from a 3 week rafting trip in the Grand Canyon where I showered with river water...the temperature was 45 to 55 degrees (but the air temp was 115+!) Ever since getting back, I haven't felt the need for hot showers, and quite enjoy the cold shower. I'm sure I'll fall back into old habits as soon as winter rolls back in though.

I used to take cool showers when I was in the military after our workouts. I also go big into the cool showers when I was living in Louisiana. 100 degrees with 95% humidity and a cool shower feels really good. To bad you never fully dry off.:D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I heard it was good to first take a hot or warm shower because it opens your pores. Then when you're done washing, switch to cold water to close the pores.

Then again, what the hell do I know?:P

I heard it was good to first take a hot or warm shower because it opens your pores. Then when you're done washing, switch to cold water to close the pores.

I heard it also has a "shrinkage" effect on certain parts of the body.

Im sticking to the sauna. B|

BP
:)

I do.....not only it wakes me up in the morning but it also brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

It's a great boost of energy!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492