skymama

Good or Nasty?

Personally I'm not a chocolate person so peanut butter with chocolate, not so good.
I don't know about the rest of you but peanut butter always leaves a dry after taste in my mouth
an the only way I've found to combat the dryness is by loads of salt on top, but as it's a cake
salts out (and it's not healthy) so to combat the dryness lay on loads of red wine an JD
If it's for the kids Lemonade instead.

Gone fishing

We had two cakes at my wedding reception. The main Wedding cake which was four-tiered like the pic attached except mine had butter cream filling and magnolias on the top tier. The groom's cake was a KrispyKreme glazed, chocolate covered doughnut Tower. My husband loved Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
Below is the link to the Elms Mansion in the Garden District of New Orleans. It was a great venue to have the mansion as well as the gazebo in the backyard and trolly cars of people clapping and yelling congratulations. We also had a live Jazz Band called "Snapbeans"..they were awesome!

http://www.elmsmansion.com/photos.html

Skymama, the chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling sounds great. It sounds like a light and refreshing Reese's peanut butter cup:)

The groom's cake was a KrispyKreme glazed, chocolate covered doughnut Tower. My husband loved Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I made a Rasberry Glazed Chocolate Rum cake as a Grooms cake for a friend of mines wedding...

It was really good... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yucky.

But, in all fairness, I can't stand cake or cakey-like things.

I don't have a big sweet tooth, but when it comes to sweets I think the simplest are the tastiest.B|

Who the hell eats Ben & Jerry's Phish Food anyways (a favorite of my nasty old college roomate)?:S GrrrrOSS!

:)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm in dispute with a certain ex-Greenie over cake flavors and fillings. A chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse sounds yummy to me but his opinion was,

Them what cooks it; gets to choose what kind to make.

Them what eats it; gets to choose to eat it or not. :o
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It is a great combination, but the intensity of the flavor is everything, too strong of a peanut butter taste and it is too overwhelming, so I usually make it a chocolate peanut butter filling or mix it with some cream cheese to smooth it out a bit!:)

Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!