ACMESkydiver

DZ.com Weight Loss/Fitness Quest -Update, Mo-frackies!!!

Woo-hoo, how we doin', boys and girls? B|

I am down 18 1/2 pounds so far. (I went back up 2 this morning, but I'm not counting that because I always go up the next morning when I snack late at night on salty or sweet)

'21 days to start or break a habit' has proven true once again; I really enjoy my daily work outs now. B|

How are all of you doin'?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

No formal plan here, just working out like a lunatic. Been swimming regularly, did about 150 pushups and 200 situps yesterday, swam over 1000m today, going to do some pullup sets a little later once I've had some dinner, and going to try to do at least 100 flutterkicks.

No weight loss to speak of here, I'm a skinny guy anyway, but I've actually gained a couple pounds of muscle in the last couple weeks, so I'm happy about that. Still got a long way to go though, as I've firmly decided that I want to become a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer. I could get through Basic easily at this point, probably make it through the Airman Program with little trouble, but AST A-School would still kick my ass. I've got two years to build up to it though, so I should be able to do this easily.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Well, I'm down to 190. Still not working out regular, yes the hotel has an area for me to do that.

I've been eating slightly better. Less fried stuff more fruits and such. If I'd just work out, that big fat belly would start to go away.

Good job with your 18+ pounds. I think I'm at 11 or 12.

Woo-hoo, how we doin', boys and girls? B|

I am down 18 1/2 pounds so far. (I went back up 2 this morning, but I'm not counting that because I always go up the next morning when I snack late at night on salty or sweet)

'21 days to start or break a habit' has proven true once again; I really enjoy my daily work outs now. B|

How are all of you doin'?

Don't way in more then once a week. Try and do it first thing AM every 7 days, more consistent, better answer, and keeps you from thinking your going up and not down, fluctuates too much to weigh in that often...

I'm down to 5'8.5, 190 and 11% BF from 250 and 32% about 11 months ago.

I'm down 3 pounds (just started 8 days ago, though).

I'm focusing on eating a low calorie (1600) and low fat (less than 15g per meal) diet, since I can't work out as much as I'd like, since my sprained ankle is still not strong enough for me to do the things I love to do to exercise. I can walk through a karate class right now, but that's about it. No kicking, no jumping, no dancing, no climbing. Swimming is fun, but the timing is problematic since the gym pool is so crowded after work that I've found myself waiting an hour for space in a lane. I just don't have the discipline to get on one of those hamster wheel machines and pedal or climb stairs and go nowhere... It's frustrating, because although I'm happy about losing 3 pounds, I'm annoyed that it could've been more if I'd been more active.

I just don't have the discipline to get on one of those hamster wheel machines and pedal or climb stairs and go nowhere... It's frustrating, because although I'm happy about losing 3 pounds, I'm annoyed that it could've been more if I'd been more active.

A few things real quick...first off, congrats on 3 pounds! ;)

Second, the treadmill has become the best part of my workout for me...the time I look forward to most. It's 30 minutes (that's what i'm up to) of getting the heart rate into a zone and holding it. I listen to my MP3 player, and my mind can wander as much as it wants, without fear of missing my exit on the freeway. :$:ph34r: -I thought I'd mention it, because it used to be so dreadful, but after a few weeks, it became the best part of my hour and 45 minute workouts because it gives me time to sort out problems, dream of what it's going to be like when I am FIT again, and enjoy my own thoughts.

Oh and last...just remember my mommy's weight-loss philosophy; "even a quarter of a pound down is ALWAYS better than a quarter of a pound up, or staying the same". :)
~Jaye

I've lost a total of 42 pounds, now at 203, which is not too bad for being 6'2". Haven't been this light for at least 17 years. My goal is 190.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm down to 5'8.5, 190 and 11% BF from 250 and 32% about 11 months ago.

Wow, congrats on that! B|

Thanks ;) I train with my friend starting this monday. He just wont National Collegiate Heavyweight for bodybuildin, so it's going to be hard core. Split meals, set times, set foods and amounts. Cardio 5 am 7 mornings a week before any food. Lifting 6 days a week, 3 day cycles repeated so monday takes place on thursday too. By spring trying to hit 200 and 7%

Finally being settled in Colorado I joined a gym and started going at 6 am every morning and go 5 days a week. Sometimes I do two-a-days and come back after work and do more cardio...

That's been going solidly for about 4 weeks now, along with a better diet and eating about 4-5x a day in smaller meals and also drink about a gallon and a 1/4 of water a day.

Unfortunately right now I'm on a business trip and I work the 12 - 8 am shift for the satellite launch, so its interferring with my schedule a bit, but I found a Golds Gym nearby and they gave me a 2 week membershp for $30, so I've kept it up and just had to flip flop when I ate everything.

I recently got a Body Fat %, Lean Body Mass, Overall Weight, and fat to lean mass ratio for each extremity done. (They were doing it for free at my gym one morning).

Right now I'm at 246 lbs. So I've lost about 6-7 lbs since I started going consistently. Not sure how much my body fat is down, if at all yet though...:)
Edit: For those who asked, no I did not let myself get that big. I'm 6'5 and look like a college lineman.

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

i lost 5pound in 14days..just by quit eating karbos, egg/bacon/bean for breakfast ..jummie.. meat/fish vegetables (no potato/rice/pasta) for lunch and dinner...and for the "middlemeal" i eat cheese and slices of meat/chicken...

i wanna go down 11 pound more so i be down to 154, im 180cm..

No formal plan here, just working out like a lunatic. Been swimming regularly, did about 150 pushups and 200 situps yesterday, swam over 1000m today, going to do some pullup sets a little later once I've had some dinner, and going to try to do at least 100 flutterkicks.

No weight loss to speak of here, I'm a skinny guy anyway, but I've actually gained a couple pounds of muscle in the last couple weeks, so I'm happy about that. Still got a long way to go though, as I've firmly decided that I want to become a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer. I could get through Basic easily at this point, probably make it through the Airman Program with little trouble, but AST A-School would still kick my ass. I've got two years to build up to it though, so I should be able to do this easily.

this would help you out ......... http://store.stewsmithptclub.com/coguhereswsw.html
...and you're in violation of your face!

this would help you out ......... http://store.stewsmithptclub.com/coguhereswsw.html

No worries, already been a Stew Smith fan for years. B| Just ordered that a week ago, been browsing it to figure out what my local resources will allow, and what they won't. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have the time or the equipment to do that whole 6 week workout right now, so I'm simply creating my own fitness plan based on his recommendations and my own resources and other fun ideas I've come across in reading other books and learning about fitness.

And to ACME, I will. Thanks. ;)
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Haven't weighed in lately, since the floor is coming out from under my conex. I've got a weird scale that has to be on a plain floor, not carpet.

Clothes are a bit looser, though... so I'm hopeful!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Split meals, set times, set foods and amounts.

What are 'split meals'? Do you mean that you take one meal and eat half now and half later?

Cardio 5 am 7 mornings a week before any food.

My pilates instructor and lifting instructor have said that you need a small smount of carbs prior to any physical exercise or you're tearing up muscle in your workout. -Does doing cardio after fasting do something specific for you?

-I'm trying to learn the newest techniques here, so share what this stuff means! :)
~Jaye

No worries, already been a Stew Smith fan for years. B| Just ordered that a week ago, been browsing it to figure out what my local resources will allow, and what they won't. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have the time or the equipment to do that whole 6 week workout right now, so I'm simply creating my own fitness plan based on his recommendations and my own resources and other fun ideas I've come across in reading other books and learning about fitness.

And to ACME, I will. Thanks. ;)

Stew is the man...........don't hesitate to e-mail him with any questions. Every time that I've emailed him he's gotten back to me within an hour and a half.

Stew rocks. I did his 4-week Navy SEAL introductory workout a couple years ago, and it handed me my ass.

I did send him an E-mail a little over a week ago, and never got a response unfortunately. It was a fairly basic question about how to build up my ankles so they wouldn't hurt so much using fins, but as I said, I never got a response. Strange it seems, as everyone I've spoken to has said he's good about responding. Maybe I sent to an old E-mail or something, so I'll double-check and resend this week.

Stew rocks. I did his 4-week Navy SEAL introductory workout a couple years ago, and it handed me my ass.

I did send him an E-mail a little over a week ago, and never got a response unfortunately. It was a fairly basic question about how to build up my ankles so they wouldn't hurt so much using fins, but as I said, I never got a response. Strange it seems, as everyone I've spoken to has said he's good about responding. Maybe I sent to an old E-mail or something, so I'll double-check and resend this week.

Ah yes......the dreaded SEAL workout. Nothing like the old pushup pyramid.

I would try emailing him again, I've emailed him like 3 or 4 times and got a response within 1.5 hours....the quickest was 15 minutes.

As far as the ankles......yoga and stretching would probably be a good start, but I think just like running you have to slowly work your way up with fins.

Good luck with the rescue swimmer thing, there's SEALs that flunk out of that school it's pretty tough. Just remember, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Unfortunately right now I'm on a business trip and I work the 12 - 8 am shift for the satellite launch, so its interferring with my schedule a bit, but I found a Golds Gym nearby and they gave me a 2 week membershp for $30, so I've kept it up and just had to flip flop when I ate everything.

Hey good job on keeping up with it through business travel and shift changes. That's not an easy task.
~Jaye

i wanna go down 11 pound more so i be down to 154, im 180cm..

Are you measuring weight in pounds and height in centimeters? Are you mixed up or converting for us lazy Americans? :ph34r:

Broke:

So I shot up by 20 lbs this summer

Yeah so did I. [:/] It'll come right back off though...:)

Pwln:

I think I'm at 11 or 12.

Nice...not bad for a little bit o' effort, eh?

sv3n thanks for the fitness links. I'll let y'all have fun with that. I'm just nooooot quite to that point yet. :o:D
~Jaye

Finally being settled in Colorado I joined a gym and started going at 6 am every morning and go 5 days a week. Sometimes I do two-a-days and come back after work and do more cardio...

That's been going solidly for about 4 weeks now, along with a better diet and eating about 4-5x a day in smaller meals and also drink about a gallon and a 1/4 of water a day.

I recently got a Body Fat %, Lean Body Mass, Overall Weight, and fat to lean mass ratio for each extremity done. (They were doing it for free at my gym one morning).

Right now I'm at 246 lbs. So I've lost about 6-7 lbs since I started going consistently. Not sure how much my body fat is down, if at all yet though...:)
Edit: For those who asked, no I did not let myself get that big. I'm 6'5 and look like a college lineman.

If they used any form of electrical devices to measure your bodyfat, their not accurate, no matter who did them.

The scales, hand helds, electric impulses etc, none of them give you accurate LBM.

Ask a doctor next time your at yours if he has calipers and can clip ya, their +/- 1-2%, the electric ones can be up to 12% off...