D22369

for all you pitbull haters

I attempted to get in between the Pit and Karma but the Pit Bull ignored me and went right for her.

You have more self restraint than I would. I think I would have tried to field goal kick the dogs head/body, pushed my thumb through its eye, crushed it with my knee, etc. The last dog that tried to chase me years ago when I was jogging got a kick in the face that ended the pursuit.

Did the owner of the dog claim that it had never done anything like that before?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

i didnt read thru the whole thread...just the intial post(christ that was long enough for me!)

just wanted to say that i also have a pit bull...ive had her since she was 3 months old..she is now 8...

best...dogs...ever..

with the proper love and training..they are the best dogs..

insanly smart...gentle as a teddy bear..

ive never had an incident with her...and she has never been on a leash...she roams the unfenced front yard of my house..and will not step beyond our grass...even if theres a dog walking by..just so trained and friendly..

i hate the bad reps that pits get...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I attempted to get in between the Pit and Karma but the Pit Bull ignored me and went right for her.

You have more self restraint than I would. I think I would have tried to field goal kick the dogs head/body, pushed my thumb through its eye, crushed it with my knee, etc. The last dog that tried to chase me years ago when I was jogging got a kick in the face that ended the pursuit.

Did the owner of the dog claim that it had never done anything like that before?

Yes the owner did... which is why I filed a police report (so there would be a record of the incident)

Also... kicking or otherwise inciting the dog once it had attacked Karma would have been more harmful then helpful... Karma was fortunate that the only injuries she sustained were the loss of a few baby teeth and a puncture wound (the vet gave me anti-inflamatories, and some pain meds for her) and since she's been well socalized since then she doesn't appear to have any other major side-effects.

all in all Karma was lucky... because it could have ended up much worse then it did...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I mean that I would have done a full strength kick at the dog as it approached, not after it had already latched on to your dog.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I still think you should be required to take an ownership class to get a dog license... ***

I couldnt agree with you more on this, and would also like to see people be required to take a intelligence test to actually have children also.

If only it were so...somewhere there was a thread going about the plausibility of making people infertile until they proved responsible enough for a child. I'm all for it...I think more people would be FOR that than many would guess. Not having to worry about birth control? That would have been awesome! How many kids are born on 'accident'? Our chosen bc method failed and we had our twins. We weren't freaked out, we were married and established, but sure would have liked a little more time between the kids...

I mentioned in my first post that my dog stays with my stepfather during the day when I am at work, what I did not mention is that my folks have three other dogs, Harley, who is a 50 lb mutt, buddy, a 5lb chuaha-jack russel mix, and buttercup who is a 12 lb chuaha and daughtsun mix (yeah, I know the spellings are wrong, but its late) plus six inside cats.... Turbo has been well socialized and gets along great with all of them... if the cats run... he will chase them, but when they stop the game is over, he has been staying there during the weekdays for almost 2 years now, and hasn't harmed any of them....

Sounds like you're a very responsible pet owner.

you obviously hate the breed,

I guess hate is maybe too strong of a word right now. I dislike them. Everyone has a breed of dog they dislike, whether it's those yappy lil' fluff balls or pitbulls. Everyone has their preferences.

HATE' will apply when one of my nieces gets mauled from the two uncut males fighting or one of the bitches that just had a litter...you are absolutely right to say that that would be the fault of the owner, my sis-in-law, and not dogs being dogs. However, if she were breeding Chihuahuas and not pits, her kids would not be in danger of losing limb or life from her f*cked up ownership skills. I concede your point, but I still have no love for this breed, and won't until there is a proven bloodline that is actively being used to breed OUT the aggression, instead of breeding it in, or allowing it to continue.

I wish you could meet mine.... I havent had a single person who has met him dislike him or fear for their life or their childrens..

send a PM to D22359, Livendive, Chrissylicious, Balls, guppie01, Jasonrose - and I can get others names on this forum if you would like a larger opinion audience.

ask them what a member of the bully breed is like when its raised and socialized well.

Roy

I'd like to meet an intelligent, well-behaved pitbull. I really would. I don't doubt that there are some trained and intelligent pits among the owners on this board.

All I can base a personal opinion on is what I've seen -intollerable, meat-headed aggressive train wrecks waiting to happen. It would be great if they could 'fix' the 6 I've seen, but 5 are being used for breeding. They are perpetuating the bad press for you.

Also note in the quoted stats above, more than 70% of dogs that maimed or killed were reported to have 'never been aggressive before' by their owners...however, I strongly suppose that the truth does not lie in that figure. Of COURSE the owner is going to say, "What? Of course not! Little Fido has never shown any aggression in the past that I should have protected humans from." :|

In the end, if people that wanted these animals could prove that they wouldn't allow them to become weapons, it wouldn't bother me at all...and you know, there is no way in HELL that someone as dim-witted as my in-law, who has shown no responsibility in the past with her own 'tamer' breed dogs, with young children, in a rented DUPLEX, should be allowed to buy multiple, unaltered pitbulls and let them breed.

That's just plain stupidity. Yorkies, sure, WTF. Pitbulls? I can't imagine that anyone could think that she should have a right to do that...she just decided to let her 9 year old take one to obedience class. The adult uncut male. Good thinking, perhaps we should have done that when he was a puppy...:S

Ok I guess my tirade is over. I'd give you the link to their 'kennel' website, but the last thing I need right now is a family war...I just got rid of most of them, they finally moved out of state last week. :ph34r:

Take care, & I hope that something can be done to regulate or monitor who becomes an ambassador for this breed by ownership...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

only it were so...somewhere there was a thread going about the plausibility of making people infertile until they proved responsible enough for a child. I'm all for it...I think more people would be FOR that than many would guess

HEH, gets my vote :)

you obviously hate the breed,

Sorry about putting words in your mouth, I should have used dislike instead.

HATE' will apply when one of my nieces gets mauled from the two uncut males fighting or one of the bitches that just had a litter...***

I would hate to have that happen to any child.... or for that matter any adult either.

All I can base a personal opinion on is what I've seen -intollerable, meat-headed aggressive train wrecks waiting to happen. It would be great if they could 'fix' the 6 I've seen, but 5 are being used for breeding. They are perpetuating the bad press for you.
***unfortunately backyard breeders are not very rare :(

I just get so tired of the breed bans, that punishes the good and the bad animals, and leaves me with a decision, get rid of the dog or to live in violation of the law... moving at this time is not an option unfortunately.. and getting rid of him will never be an option.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

i think we can agree on disagreeing..

whatever: dogs must be maintained and trained well, they should be treated with respect. kids shouldnt be left alone with dogs whatsoever..

but you really shouldnt be so concerned with one breed. you better be concerned about the owners, their training and motivations, those of the breeders.. or some cash you dish out to get yourself and the dog some proper training. and it doesnt need to be a schutzhund-level. it just takes an already pretty old dog with no training at all, very dominant, very defending (you can take that as agression as well).. and to get her to an obedience level thats pretty good.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yesterday I decided to do a little exploring on the other side of the river, driving on every little road in the countryside in one area, even where paved becomes dirt. It was like entering a whole different world. Pit Bulls in front of almost every trailer, and most of them didn't look like they were well fed. They did act mean as I drove by, yapping at my driver's door and defying death by running in front of me. I decided I was not gonna brake or gun it, just keep the truck going straight ahead, and if any of them were dumb enough to get run over, so be it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban