Squeak

Network people, help needed

I'm trying to get one of the PCs to link to my wirless network, it can see the network but says there's no signal, the modem is only 30 feet away through firbre walls.
Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

change chanels 6 and 11 are default for so many that could be getting interference from others

I've tried all 13 chanels
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ok the wireless computer is registering the network and it says i have a "very good" signal, but no information is gtting through? i cant load any webapges?[:/]

My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ok the wireless computer is registering the network and it says i have a "very good" signal, but no information is gtting through? i cant load any webapges?[:/]

Start--> Run---> CMD

ipconfig

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

launch IE.

Start--> Run---> CMD

ipconfig

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

launch anything but IE.

Fixed that for ya... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Also possible:

If you have MAC filtering on, or have an improper WEP key then you may connect with signal but have nothing.

On the affected computer, once you have a connection, try to go to the router screen, usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser.

Let's see how ya do mouse man.

Also possible:

If you have MAC filtering on, or have an improper WEP key then you may connect with signal but have nothing.

On the affected computer, once you have a connection, try to go to the router screen, usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser.

Let's see how ya do mouse man.
hey you confusing me, we don't help each other STOP IT>:(
:P;)

BTW MAC filtering is off and i cant load the router page, thats what i was trying to do, also it's an open network for no WAP or WEP keys at all.
Thanks though
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?