Morrison79

What would you do?

I work for a company that requires a lot of traveling. On average 130 to 170 days on the road a year.
Traveling does not bother me so much, as long as I am home on the weekends.
Recently though I was sent to Japan for 3 months of training. I have been here for 5 weeks so far and I absolutely hate it here. They put me in a hotel for the entire trip so I have no stove, fridge, microwave, no american TV. Not to mention the hotel room is only about 7ft X 10ft. Extremely small.
Because of this I have to eat out every meal. One big problem i am having is with food here. I hate fish and they eat a lot of fish. The only places that I have found that I like are fast food but after eating this shit for over a month I am starting to feel like shit.
Anyway the training is a joke. My instructor gets called out of the office a minimum of 1 or 2 full days a week and I am left with nothing to do. I sit on my computer and troll the internet for 8 hours. Somehow we are ahead of schedule but they keep adding new stuff on instead of sending me home early. Not to mention when I get home I have to go on the road for 6 weeks almost immediately. I am just extremely frustrated, bored and pissed off about this experience.>:(

Would you keep your mouth shut and finish the training?
Tell your boss in the U.S. to get you out of here?

Will you be making good money? Just weigh your options? I dunno never been to Japan, and three months is a long time, but I would look at it like its a rare opportunity and I would try to make some fun out of it. I hate fast food, so I feel your pain there. However I love fish, so I cant relate to that. I dunno do a pros and cons thing and see where you come out. Good luck ;)

personally, i'd be greatful for the cultural oportunity that has been afforded me and I'd make the most of it. but thats just me:|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

eat the fish its good for you.

find you a japanese woman and fuck your brains out its good for you, and its fun.

drink a bunch of beers and go yell at the ocean its good for you.

finish your training keep your job$$$ its good for you.

be happy that your job brings you to other parts of the world where you can enjoy other cultures and maybe learn a thing or two about a thing or two.

dont be that whiney guy that wont go here or there and is a pain in the mans ass, remember if you wake up in the morning and dont want to do your job, then move on its not for you.

be happy, it aint no thing but a chicken wing:)

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I do enjoy traveling and seeing new places. I am grateful for my job. I am not the type of person who tells them I won't go here or there. The things that are really pissing me off is the length of the trip and the shitty training. I honestly feel the training could be completed in a much much shorter time frame.

Change the way you are looking at the situation then.

If they are paying you let them worry about the useless training, it is their money. Take advantage of it. I would be trying to get with as many Japanese girls as possible! :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I do enjoy traveling and seeing new places. I am grateful for my job. I am not the type of person who tells them I won't go here or there. The things that are really pissing me off is the length of the trip and the shitty training. I honestly feel the training could be completed in a much much shorter time frame.

You sound like an honest employee who likes to work, not sit around bored out of your skull. I'm the same way with my job. Much of the training is 15 minutes of info crammed into 8 hours.

Exactly! There is nothing more frustrating than doing NOTHING for 8 hours. I did new home construction for 5 years before this job and I loved it. The only thing was I could not see myself doing it in 20 years so I got a degree and switched careers. I can honestly say I was happier making less money and working my ass off.