Rainbo

So here is what I am thinkin'

It's been a lot of years and I know that last year I talked about hanging things up. Well I guess we pretty much all knew that would not be likely to happen in the near future;)

But I have had a lot "given" to me by the sport and those in it over the years. So I'm thinking maybe I should give some little thing back in some way. I have more gear than I need for the amount of jumping I do these days. One of the rigs is a Javelin that does not really fit my fat ass anymore. Now the rig is not really a beginner rig and I'll post the specs later but here is what I'm thinkin'.

If you are a upcoming jumper and don't really have the means to buy a complete rig answer with an essay type thing about why you should get a genuine Rainbo leftover. Then I'll post a poll for the folks on this site to vote for the best answer, winner gets a rig, you pay for shipping. what do you all think...
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

it's a good thing you are doing here Rainbo.

But the cynic in me wants to inquire how you will means test the applicants.
Whilst it would be great to think that no unscrupulous skydiver would dare submit for this generous offer alas it may well happen.:|

I would hate to see the rig go to someone less deserving.:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah Squeak I was thinkin about that too. Details, details, details. Maybe the winner would have to have someone vouch fore them, it's not like I don't know a few people out there.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

you got a D-license, meaning 500+ plus jumps.. i'd be scared shitless to even think what might be in that container.. or even have to fly it.

i got my license this sunday BTW..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

But the cynic in me wants to inquire how you will means test the applicants.

One copy to the grammar police/spelling police, after that, the top 5 are left, post them here and we will vote.:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey Rainbo!

CCowden did something similar to this a while back. Each person was to submit a letter to him via PM, he reviewed all the letters narrowed it down and referred with reliable sources to the credibility of each person.

I know Skymama was one of the sources he used.

Good luck, and you are awesome for doing this!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

you got a D-license, meaning 500+ plus jumps.. i'd be scared shitless to even think what might be in that container.. or even have to fly it.

I have a D-license (you used to be able to get it at 200 jumps ;)) and jump a Sabre 2 170. You'd be able to handle that size pretty soon, wouldn't you? I'm not giving mine away, I'm just pointing out that not all D license holders jump handkerchiefs.

Rainbo, I'd be happy to help you check out someone's credibility. What you're doing is very cool. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have a D-license (you used to be able to get it at 200 jumps ;)) and jump a Sabre 2 170. You'd be able to handle that size pretty soon, wouldn't you? I'm not giving mine away, I'm just pointing out that not all D license holders jump handkerchiefs.:)

HANDKERCHIEFS!!! :D:D:D:D

actually our S&TA said, i could go for a 150.. yea, before you guys all put shit on me, things work differently over here..

sunday i've made fun of him, asking if he was going to sell me a crossfire 79.. he said, he would, if i paid before my first jump.. ;) I SAID, well, that was the ultimate test for me to check wether he liked me or not..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda