Elisha

Beer question: can you save beer from those 5 L mini kegs?

Can you? I brought a Spaten 5 L mini-keg to a BBQ yesterday and there is still about 1/3 left. I turned the top knob back to the closed position and shoved the spout back in.

Will it still be ok for a few days or will be it flat and taste like sh*t? I know the only way to really know is to just drink it, but I wanted an answer by someone in the know. Thanks.

I've kept aluminium minikegs of Stella in the fridge for a 4/5 days at a time and they have been OK. I would imagine if it been 'proper' beer it might not have lasted so long, also if its been moved a lot that might shorten the life span.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

I don't understand the "still about 1/3 left" part.
I've never known a keg that I didn't get to the bottom of...WTF, over?
:P

I apologize - I was the only skydiver at this party. The crowd was a little more wine-oriented as well.

It depends.... If it was crap, chemical beer that it will last forever but no one will care but if it was a good drop then there wouldn't be a problem because they'd be none left. :D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Nope. Unless you can re-pressurize the keg somehow, it'll go flat as the carbon dioxide comes out of solution. :(

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

You shoud've just stopped everything else and kept drinking. Invite people over, play drinking games until it's gone. Or you could just leave it at the DZ.

The DZ was just a bit far away...and too late to drive to. Per my previous post, the beer was already flat just 24 hours later.