BillyVance

Celebrity Mansions

That's too bad. I'd be willing to bet pretty much everyone who rags on it has no actual personal experience with it.

I read Dianetics three times, as well as plenty of other information (published by the "church," not about it). I can see why some people who are really in need of answers and guidance could get caught up in it, much like any good cult.

A lot of what Hubbard wrote makes sense psychologically, but again, like any successful cult, they take things that may make sense early on and then twist them slowly over time, sorta like a slowly-boiled frog.

Want a good dose of it? Walk down Hollywood Boulevard, literally. I have. See the unbridled enthusiasm for yourself.

As for Tom Cruise and his wacky shit, I certainly haven't heard the church put out a statement relating to their disdain with anything he has done, have you? Hell no! They LOVE Tom Cruise. He's their best spokesperson, and certainly their biggest contributor.
Roll Tide Roll

Travolta's is a Scientology symbol from overhead, you know, to repel Xenu or something.

Everything I know about Scientology I learned from an episode of South Park. :|

HAHAHAAHA what a great episode...

"THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Genius...I love SP and yes everything I need to ever know about that religion i will learn from south park...bahahahaha

I'm gonna go watch that episode right now :)
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

That's too bad. I'd be willing to bet pretty much everyone who rags on it has no actual personal experience with it.

I read Dianetics three times, as well as plenty of other information (published by the "church," not about it). I can see why some people who are really in need of answers and guidance could get caught up in it, much like any good cult.

A lot of what Hubbard wrote makes sense psychologically, but again, like any successful cult, they take things that may make sense early on and then twist them slowly over time, sorta like a slowly-boiled frog.

Want a good dose of it? Walk down Hollywood Boulevard, literally. I have. See the unbridled enthusiasm for yourself.

As for Tom Cruise and his wacky shit, I certainly haven't heard the church put out a statement relating to their disdain with anything he has done, have you? Hell no! They LOVE Tom Cruise. He's their best spokesperson, and certainly their biggest contributor.

I agree with everything you just said.

Everything I know about Scientology I learned from an episode of South Park. :|

Then your education is incomplete. You need to rent this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131325/

I was expecting to see Battlefield Earth. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The odd thing is, I like Hubbard's writing, and I thought Battlefield Earth was a good movie (yes, I'm the one)!

I just don't understand how it became a religion with so many seemingly credible followers. Tom Cruise seemed to be the All-American Guy.

I personally believe they are involved in a lot of extortion with their little ohms unit thing, which works somewhat like a lie-detector.

As well, from everything I have seen, South Park had it right. Those guys have it right about so many things - liberals, conservatives, airlines, government, racism (and the cottage-industry hypocrisy along with), etc.
Roll Tide Roll

I thought Battlefield Earth was a good movie (yes, I'm the one)!

OH...
MY...
GOD...
[:/]

Did you see the same piece of crap I saw? The guy's name was Johnny Goodboy!!! :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Did you see the same piece of crap I saw? The guy's name was Johnny Goodboy!!!

It's Johnny Goodboy Tyler. It's also debatable whether or not the Goodboy is intended to be some sort of nickname by description, or a translation fumble. I think he is a recurring character in Hubbard's writing, but am not 100% certain. It's a better name than Obi Wan Kenobi, no?

So, I knew a girl in college from Iceland named Magnea Gudmansdottir.

Hey, I guess I like the odd ones sometimes, even though my friends have told me for years I am the "Poster-Boy for Pop Culture." I think Stargate was one of the best films ever made too, but the box-office certainly didn't think so. Likewise with "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead"
Roll Tide Roll

I would have posted Barbara Streisand's, but she'd sue me for invasion of privacy.

:D:D:D Believe it or not, my brother's best friend is the guy Barbara sued for posting those detailed pictures of her ocean-front home on the internet. He was in the process of photographing the entire California coast line for some kind of preservation project. I remember the story came out on The Smoking Gun website several years ago.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban