SpeedRacer

Red Sox

Rockies in 4 . . . [Cool][Cool]

1st game: RED SOX 13 to 1.

:D

In the fifth inning, Rockies pitcher Ryan Speier walked three straight batters with the bases loaded — the first time that has ever happened in a World Series game.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I don't think there will be any more routs. My prediction still is that this will be a hard-fought series.

I hope you're right. Unfortunately for the Rockies, they are playing Boston when they have just become red hot. They have been on fire since game 5 of the ALCS. Pedroia, Youkilis, Papi, Ortiz....on fire! The
rest of the lineup is also hitting pretty well. Even Lugo seems to be getting some hits the last 2 games.

I still hope it winds up going 7.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I don't think there will be any more routs. My prediction still is that this will be a hard-fought series.

I hope you're right. Unfortunately for the Rockies, they are playing Boston when they have just become red hot. They have been on fire since game 5 of the ALCS. Pedroia, Youkilis, Papi, Ortiz....on fire! The
rest of the lineup is also hitting pretty well. Even Lugo seems to be getting some hits the last 2 games.

I still hope it winds up going 7.

Imagine that, after Manny Ramirez made that "who cares" comment after they were down 3 games to 1 against Cleveland, they haven't lost since.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...guess who has tix to tonights game?...

Oh I am seriously jealous now, I looked but considering I have almost all the debt paid off I felt it would be counter-productive to charge my cc's up again, and since I dont have enough time for both my jobs, I didnt think I could add a third :D and maintain some form of life.

I to believe the rockies will step up thier game, at least I hope so, Id like it to get to game 7, last time soxs made it to game 7 they won on a lunar eclipse, that was a good day ... I want that again

Take pictures and try to catch me a ball :D and if its possible grab Becketts ass for me and report to its firmness :) not that I look
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

That was ridiculous. The Rockes looked nothing like the team that swept the divisional and league series games. And the Red Sox looked great out there. Looks like th 8 days off hurt. Hopefully they can pull it back together tonight!

It makes complete sense. it's because they're playing a team that is a notch up from what they're used to. That's all :D:):D:ph34r::)B|:)
CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

It makes complete sense. it's because they're playing a team that is a notch up from what they're used to. That's all

The Rockies can take on the sox. They played a series at Fenway back in June and won 2 out of 3. They need to step it up though. That, by far, was the worst playing I've seen from that ballclub in the postseason.

One game does not make a series. Last time I checked you needed to win 4 games to win a best of seven series.

In a sport such as baseball where on any given night one team can lay a serious ass whopping on another team that just finished beating it on the previous night, well all that we know is that Boston leads this series 1-0 and is in a slightly better situation to win the World Series than Colorado is right now.

The fat lady is not even in the state let alone the stadium.

PS: I didn't watch the game and likely won't watch any games unless CO is poised to win it all later in the series. So what do I know about baseball, except "There's no crying in baseball". LOL. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Amen brother!

Remember 2004? Yanks vs. Red Sox in ALCS. Yanks win first 3 games. Red Sox win the ALCS.

I'm a Met fan and I don't think I have recovered yet from their major meltdown in September.>:(

I'm now backing the Red Sox only because my Sister in Law is a major Sox fan and I do live in Sox territory.

It makes complete sense. it's because they're playing a team that is a notch up from what they're used to. That's all

The Rockies can take on the sox. They played a series at Fenway back in June and won 2 out of 3. They need to step it up though. That, by far, was the worst playing I've seen from that ballclub in the postseason.

ya, but that's just "practice" back in june ;););)

honestly... my team isn't in it, but i'm rooting for the sox... they're a good backup team :)
GO SOX GO!!! B|B|B|

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Well, that's game 2.

Red Sox, 2:1.

I gotta repeat though, the Rockies put the fear of God in the Red Sox. The Rockies are a tight team, & I don't think they'll be routed again. The Red Sox should know better than anyone how a series can turn 180 degrees on a dime.

fucking kick ass world series though.

Unfortunately I live in Maryland, & most people here don't give a shit. I went into this one bar & we & a few other guys had to beg the bartender to put it on. She eventually did, but put it on MUTE. So that she could continue to play Tori Amos or whatever. (If she'd done that in Massachusetts, she would have been hung like the witches of Salem. Come to think of it, that's probably why it all happened back in 1692):P

It's the fucking World Series. >:(

Anyway I paid for my one beer & then went home to watch the rest of it.
:P

Speed Racer

Well, that's game 2.

Red Sox, 2:1.

2 done, 2 to go :):):):)

CReW Skies,
bubbles
OK, that should be:
:D:D.

But literally, it's been a lot more than that for me.

The Red Sox need to win a lot more just to keep me honest.

This could go into December or something.:P
Speed Racer

So . . . who will the BoSox sit out in game 3 because there is no DH in the National League park?

Three possibilities thrown out there in a poll on Fox last night were Ortiz, Youkilis, and Lowell.

You could pull Youkilis and let Papi play 1st, but Youkilis is batting over .400 in the post season. You could pull Lowell and let Youkilis play third, but he has been a steady post season contributor as well. You could bench Papi, but not only is he a monster with the bat (especially delivering clutch hits in pressue situations), but he has an eagle eye and draws a lot of walks - read: he is a frequent base runner for Mannylocks to move around.

Thoughts?
Arrive Safely

John

Yea that's a tough choice. How do you leave Ortiz's bat in the dugout? Maybe Lowell could pitch? ;) Dice K's gotta make you guys nervous anyways.

Seriously tho...this is NL ball now...read speedy base runners. I think Papi sits until late in the game depending on how Youk is doing and what the score is. No worries tho...I think you guys have this one in the bag. The real World Series was played last week.

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne