psipike02

Few questions on Jumpsuit stuff

Ok, I've searched some of this and got answers, but the one question i couldn't find anything on and the other I still want people's opinion on.

Really kind of basic. First, spandex legcuffs, is there an advantage or disadvantage to getting them? Are they necessary? Do they increase drag? I'm just shootin some questions out there....

Secondly, a leg pocket. I dont really see the need in having one as I don't feel I will be needing a hook knife this early in the game, so is there a point to getting one?

Thanks everyone..
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Secondly, a leg pocket. I dont really see the need in having one as I don't feel I will be needing a hook knife this early in the game, so is there a point to getting one?

Pockets are good things to have. Get at least one. You'll be glad you did.

How do you know you won't need a hook knife soon?

True, now that I re-read that I didn't mean for it to come across cocky....I meant that I figured that it was rare for novice jumper to have one, I figured it was something meant for more experienced jumpers.
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Agreed, get the hook knife. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Pockets are always nice to have. You don't need to use them only for a hook knife. Some suggestions are:

Money - for cab fare or phone calls back to the DZ if you land off.

Ear plugs - if you decide to wear them.

Condoms - if you ever decide to get freaky in the air...B|

True, there's always loose threads and pullup cords that need trimming. Beef jerky to slice.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

First, spandex legcuffs

If you are looking at a RW suit, get booties.

Well that suit will come later, but no this is a freefly suit

Get booties anyway - be a rebel

Edit: and pockets are like having a horn on your car. You can never find one when you need it. Best to have plenty. if you get into video, even better to have an extra place for wipes, film, etc... Suits (if built well) should last you a long time. Best to get the best and most versatile you can for the highest level of flying you plan to achieve over, say, 3 years. Unless you enjoy shelling out bucks for frequent upgrades.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Guest 1010
listen to skybytch -- a pocket will hold tickets/$$ so no worries leaving them laying about at a boogie or far-off dz.

I have hook-knives in pockets on my rig, not my ff pants.

On my Matter FF pants, the legs unzip and detach just below the knee, which REALLY helps this newb when sitflying. Highly recommended!

:)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

True, there's always loose threads and pullup cords that need trimming. Beef jerky to slice.

And blood sacrifices to offer.

Seriously though - I've heard of a couple of non-CRW related situations where a hook knife could have been useful.

And blood sacrifices to offer.

Seriously though - I've heard of a couple of non-CRW related situations where a hook knife could have been useful.

I was more mocking the usefulness of the "typical" hook knife (though nicely sharp, a plastic case is a detriment). I have a very nice hard metal hook knife for my crw setup. Still need a 'decent' one for the regular rig. I keep losing it (stupid snaps). I will be moving a good one to my leg pocket.

there's always loose threads and pullup cords that need trimming. Beef jerky to slice.

And, for those of us with Icons, bottles to open B|

I've actually been meaning to ask in this forum - was the knife deliberately designed so it could be used in this way? It's very effective for an accident, if not!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?