jumpnjivin

Anybody in Europe or traveled to Europe.

I'm taking a month long trip to Europe this summer.

Areas of travel will be Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy maybe Greece, Spain.

I haven't put anything solid together yet but have my ticket for July -Aug. Does anybody have any travel advice or places I should definitely hit up?

We've only gone to Europe in the Fall and Spring, and we really enjoyed being there off season. Anyone who's visited in August have any suggestions? I believe that's when all the Europeans go on vacation, too.

Vskydiver and I enjoyed Cinque Terre on the Western Italian Med coast. Venice is supposed to be a little stinky in the summer, but I enjoyed it. No place in the world looks like Venitzia.

If you go to Switzerland go to Zürich. I'm Swiss and whenever I meet people who visited Switzerland they tell me they were just in Luzern. I like Luzern but it's nothing compared to Zürich. And if you are lucky you might be able to catch the Streetparade. 1 mio people dancing around a lake is unbeatable even if you don't like techno music. I always go and if you want to you can start partying on Friday night and keep on partying non stop till the next ThursdayB|

What do you like to do?

As you jump, there's loads of places and folks to visit... Spain= Emp',Saville - France = Gap. etc....

Do you like classics/art/music/architecture?

We've got maountains, we';ve got lakes and beeches.....

We've got it all, but you need to narrow down our search somewhat. Help us out here mate........

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

We've only gone to Europe in the Fall and Spring, and we really enjoyed being there off season. Anyone who's visited in August have any suggestions? I believe that's when all the Europeans go on vacation, too.

Vskydiver and I enjoyed Cinque Terre on the Western Italian Med coast. Venice is supposed to be a little stinky in the summer, but I enjoyed it. No place in the world looks like Venitzia.

Actually, the thing about August being peak season is true mostly for Southern Europeans. Northern Europeans tend to have their summer holidays earlier, like June or July at the latest, for obvious climate reasons. That is, when we still had a climate you could count on. I'd definitely avoid Italy in August as that's when most Italians have their summer break. Maybe arrange to visit Southern Europe first and then in August move on to more northern areas like Germany or the UK. As for Venezia, yeah, it's a very nice city, and so is Florence, if you're into the architecture/arts thing. Unfortunately they have become outrageously expensive thanks mostly to the Japanese tourists and their spending capabilities, combine that with the strong Euro and that might be too taxing on your budget. Rome on the other hand is definitely a must see and not as outrageously overpriced.
Cheers,

Vale

If I had a month I'd spend 4 or 5 days each in 4 or 5 of the following cities: London, Amsterdam, Paris (not the easiest place to connect with other young people, but a must-see), Barcelona, Rome, Prague, Berlin (not beautiful in the usual old European sense, but interesting people and an interesting vibe).

If you are converting dollars into euros you will find everything to be expensive. With a little planning and research into pensions and hostels you can keep it down though. Beer and wine at the local supermarket are still cheap.

Bon Voyage.
Tony

I can only comment on Germany (at this point)

Trier was very interesting.

And Berlin was wonderful (I was there during the turmoil when the wall was coming down.... yes, that was a few years ago.... but it was an experience to see!)

Other than that... enjoy the beaches. Typically less clothing required. :$

Hey there. I'm Italian, and travel back to Italy twice a year. I should be there next summer because of Euro 2008 (Forza Azurri!!). I'll be in Italy first and the go to Austria or switerland for the Italia games, depending which stadiums they play in. I wouldn't reccomend August though since everyone goes on vacation for that month. Everything will be closed. July is also very hot. Let me know what your plans are. I'll be gkad to help

That's the problem I want to do it all...;):)
Realisticly I probably won't have a ton of xtra money. I would like to make a jump or two.but first priority is traveling and checking out the different areas. I love mountains and nature. Would love to see some of the culture arts, music. Of course some partying goes without saying.

I can only comment on Germany (at this point)

Trier was very interesting.

And Berlin was wonderful (I was there during the turmoil when the wall was coming down.... yes, that was a few years ago.... but it was an experience to see!)

Other than that... enjoy the beaches. Typically less clothing required. :$

Guess that means I gotta start getting into shap:o

Get off the tourist path and check out some places in Eastern Europe - The Balkans, Albania, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia and Azerbaijan...They are considerably cheaper to travel in.

I've heard that eastern Europe is alot more afordable. I will keep that in mind when planning. Aslo heard Slovakia has some hotties.