airtwardo

Do skydivers jump in the rain?

Sheesh ... skydivers. Don't those guys know that thing is designed for head down jumpers with the bumbershoot leading the way.

Keeps the pointy end of the raindrops from hitting the jumper.

S P E E D ~ D I V E ! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The Mary Poppins thing ... just was not working too well.....

and in Seattle YES we do jump in the rain... often...

you should try it..... unless you think your candy ass is gonna melt there Tweirdo;);)

TRY IT?! :o

I wrote the freakin' BOOK....of course it's kinda hard to read...all wet and everything! :P

The Mary Poppins thing ... just was not working too well.....

and in Seattle YES we do jump in the rain... often...

you should try it..... unless you think your candy ass is gonna melt there Tweirdo;);)

TRY IT?! :o

I wrote the freakin' BOOK....of course it's kinda hard to read...all wet and everything! :P

B| Woohoo! New sport.....Skybadivin'!
"T'was ever thus."

Don't those guys know that thing is designed for head down jumpers with the bumbershoot leading the way. .

What would Jarno (Mccordia on dz.com) know.
That guy is :
-Dutch
-Wingsuiter
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I agree with all said here. I certainly didn't jump on purpose 'into rain'. The rain was about 300-400 feet later.

Wasn't my fault. I couldn't very well hear/comprehend 'pilot said cloud' next to an open door. I figured that meant hurry up?

One dude jumped, then I am in the door. Then my best buddies started yelling GO or was it NO?

Oh well, I was good for about 400 feet. Suddenly my butt started stinging pretty bad. I went flat and then my face caught hell. I covered my face for a second, but a skydiving bad idea. So, there I was getting a 120mph facial.

So long ago & and that jump is still painful.
I finally a good landing and not one person saw it.

AND..., After all that - Where was all the beer?
A full load (less 2 idiots) landing still inside a jump plane??? Not one beer? - Gimme a break.

~AirAnn~

I was in the C182 going up to 10K, but a big cloud hung over the DZ so we flew back down for a jump run just below it at about 4000 feet. It wasn't raining yet. I climb out on the strut facing aft in my shorts and t-shirt. Then all of a sudden COLD rain slams me in the back of my legs and arms and I simply fell off in shock. :D THAT was the most painful 15 seconds of freefall I've EVER experienced. B|

I get back into the hangar, dump my wet gear and pull off my t-shirt, and then everybody stops what they're doing and gawk at me. I had dime-sized red welts all over my chest! :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had dime-sized red welts all over my chest!

From the rain or from the candle wax drippin' on ya the night before? :$

Candle wax??? Is that all you could come up with??? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had dime-sized red welts all over my chest!

From the rain or from the candle wax drippin' on ya the night before? :$

Candle wax??? Is that all you could come up with??? :P

Why don't ya get one of these and keep yourself busy for a while?! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuVp1Fqmfg&NR

My first jump in the rain.....my Australian buddy was going out first and spotted the plane. He turned to me with a big smile and said "Rain's shawp, mate!"...then left. I counted off for separation and followed him out....the whole time, wondering what he was talking about...and why the smile? He had a full-faced helmet...I didn't. I had it all figured out, in the first 500 feet....what a dick! [:/]:D

"T'was ever thus."

Brings back memories of my first encounter with moisture. Not necessarily precip, but still fun.

It was among my first jumps on a solo rig on student status, and I had finally gotten my body to behave like it was supposed to, and I was no longer flopping through the sky like a big chunky potato chip. I spotted, saw a cloud that I wanted to avoid, jumped, and screwed up, couldn't miss the cloud. I knew it when I suddenly couldn't see the ground, my face nearly froze off, and I came out of the cloud shivering less than 1,000 ft above pull altitude. My fingers were so cold I had trouble gripping the ball and throwing the pilot chute. Lesson learned, and as my instructor would have said, "Don't do dat!" :S

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Been there, done that, with shorts and t-shirt on. NEVER AGAIN! B|

First time I did it was on a ten-way, with NO GOGGLES!:o It is DAMNED hard to fly when you are trying to keep one arm under your face to see where you are going. I had black-and-blue splotches on my eye-lids for days afterward.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hopefully someone who was there will chime in and verify this for me....

But this summer we wanted to do a naked night jump. The group in front of us got down and said there was "a little rain on exit, but it went away quickly." We were okay with that (three of us).

Got on jump run and had to stop a few thousand feet low due to clouds, and some 'rain.' I had a camera with me, and the best piece of footage was when I opened the door and proclaimed "FUCK! It's HAIL! it HURTS!"

They still talked me into going. worst, decision, EVER!. 9000ft-5000ft was frozen rain. Most horrifically painful experience of my life. I have jumped in rain before and thought that hurt, this time the rain (about 5000-2000 ft) was a very welcome feeling.

I have the video and pictures laying around here somewhere, i may try to find it... we all looked like we had severe cases of the chicken pox afterwards. Took me about a week to recover from the welts.... B|B|[:/]B|:S

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Why don't ya get one of these and keep yourself busy for a while?! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKuVp1Fqmfg&NR

So, 'Twardo; Were you the one in the dark shirt, or the light-colored shirt?:P

I think more the one with the long nose and wrinkles.;)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Have you ever seen rain drop falling the same speed as you for a brief moment?B|

A lot of times...

'Back in the day' jumping rounds, with my weight and a papillon above me the decent rate was exactly that of a rain drops.

It was pretty weird watching all the drops just 'hang' in the air around ya instead of dropping away.

...also made 'relieving' yourself under canopy during a cross-country a bit of a challenge! :P