happythoughts

Turkey Boogie Zhills

Totally catastrophic fun.

On Thursday, our plane ride went to 6K. Thus ended our 10-way speed plans for the day. Around 2:30, the weather cleared, but we were on our way to a relaxing evening.

On Friday, weather was back and forth.

Saturday, weather was stellar. Did 16-way. Had some interesting jumps, with one that flew like we invented it.
Guy Wright was on another team and was kind enough to offer us some much-appreciated coaching.

In the evening, there was a band and fight night. An amusing chance to put on gloves and wail on each other. I declined and proceeded to observe while drinking with friends.

Sunday, nice weather and 10-way speed continued from Thursday. A fun day followed by chicken on the grill.

We actually got up 19 loads after the weather cleared on Friday. We got 3 rounds of 8-way done
(we sucked but not bad enough to take last place thanks Mike)

16-way was a blast on Saturday. I liked round 2 we landed and packed and were on a 20 minute call. We could not figure out how to transition the second point so we made it a 1 point skydive. That was probably our quickest build of the day.:S

Bill sorry Ihad to bail on 10-way sunday but it was in the interest of marital harmony;)

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

The greatest part of that was the "oh crap" realization on peoples faces, just before it hurled them backwards. That is why I got the velcro strips from Keith so that it encouraged that last bit of effort. :D

The best one was when Christine took off and Jody grabbed the bungie and took her off her feet after 3 steps.
:D

Everyone had the immortal "what the..." expression.
:D