Muenkel

Is there a way to prevent wet snow from collecting on a satellite dish?

We're getting really heavy wet snow right now and it is affecting my TV and internet. Fortunately the dishes can be reached from a window with a broom. Someone told me you can spray the dishes with pam or WD-40, but I'm a little leary about that idea.

Anyone know?

Thanks

wd-40

Granny's right....WD-40 will work too but seems to wash off quicker. I've done it for years, on the recommendation of the local tech. It's an old Indian trick. ;)

you shouldn't call granny that.:ph34r::P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Thanks. The Indian part I don't mind. My great great grandmother was Blackfoot, but the "OLD" part on the other hand.......>:(;)

Hmm Blackfoot, that's probably Gangrene, :ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't know if I trust you granny. If I ruin my satellite, I may have to hunt you down.:P;)

It should be under their warranty. Pam is less destructive than anything the weather gods throw at it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Go to Home Depot and get water pipe heating strip. Self stick 4' strip sells for $9.97. Tape it around the outside of the dish, plug it in, no more snow. My parents have had this setup for 5 years in Wisconsin with no problems.

...and those folks know their snow!:D

Chuck

We're getting really heavy wet snow right now and it is affecting my TV and internet. Fortunately the dishes can be reached from a window with a broom. Someone told me you can spray the dishes with pam or WD-40, but I'm a little leary about that idea.

Anyone know?

Thanks

I'm sure there have been a lot of gr8 suggestions, I haven't read the thread yet.

My suggestion is:
take the satelite dish inside:D
My photos

My Videos