mamajumps

As if I don't have enough shit going on already

Things at my job are falling apart at the seems. I work for a local church conference that oversees all the churches for this paticular denomination in Florida. Starting about mid-october MAJOR changes were made, 2 positions were elimanated, for two long time employees. Then last week, 2 more were eliminated for 2 more ladies who have been here for 2 years. My supervisor tells me I am ok. However, one can never be 100%. I have been working here 1.5 years and for the first time ever I am hating my job and with the exception of a handful of people, I dislike most of those I work with. I have been chair of the social committee for the past year and recently one of the higher ups went whining and crying like a spoiled brat just to get her way concerning a pre-christmas event. I know I am just venting, I don't graduate until May so I am here at least until then....(hopefully). The people whose positions have been eliminated have all said there is more to come... moral is very low, and distrust and anger is high through out the building. I hate being angry and having a bad attitude, but lately, it pretty much goes with the place....[:/]:(

I hate being angry and having a bad attitude, but lately, it pretty much goes with the place....

I disagree. Just because others have a bad attitude doesn't mean you have to also. You are in charge of your emotions.

Now smile, count your blessings that you weren't one of the ones laid off already and think about happy stuff. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hang in there. When you get your degree and find a new job, call a conference at your current job, and when everyone's seated. Turn around and drop your pants or lift your skirt and say "kiss my hiney end, I'm outta here!" :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah working for a church is a sure fire guaranteed way to turn one against organized religion! I used to go to church every Sunday (my church is not affiliated with my job), but havent been in a few months now. It breaks my heart cause my kids are begging me to go. But come Sunday morning I just cant bring myself to do it.[:/]

what spurs on my attitude is interacting with the people who I know are the butt kissers. I do my job to the best of my ability 100% of the time. However I will not kiss ass. The line is very divided here,it is very obvious who they are and who the rest of us are.:(

what spurs on my attitude is interacting with the people who I know are the butt kissers.

Just make little kissy noises when they walk by and pretend you have no idea what they're talking about if that ask you about it. ;)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

what spurs on my attitude is interacting with the people who I know are the butt kissers.

Just make little kissy noises when they walk by and pretend you have no idea what they're talking about if that ask you about it. ;)

Or you could send them an artificial ass with a sign that says, "Place Lips Here", leave it on their desk, and charge it to their expense account as training material.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Or you could send them an artificial ass with a sign that says, "Place Lips Here", leave it on their desk, and charge it to their expense account as training material.

You make that sound like you've done that before. :ph34r:

Who Turtle? No way. he's an innocent angel... he would NEVER do anything like that!!! lol:D:D:ph34r::P

moral is very low,

Woo hoo!!! Church ladies gone wild!!! :P

If it's not on video, it didn't happen! :D

AAAAAAANYWAY, to the OP, hang in there.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Who Turtle? No way. he's an innocent angel... he would NEVER do anything like that!!! lol:D:D:ph34r::P

Like she said - I am as innocent as a new born Babe.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun