BillyVance

What household chore are you the worst at?

I love cleaning/chores. I was so happy as yesterday was purge day...About 4 or 5 times a year I take a day where I clean top to bottom and throw shit away, organize, ect. My hubby actually hates it because I will purge things that dont have a proper place. However I have clean walls, carpets, and all our closets and pantrys are well organized so hes okay with that part

Although yesterday he decided since its the happy day for me, to get me a gift and apperently now I get a gift every purging day :)

Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Where's 'All of the above'? :|

I suck at housekeeping. I really do. When I have a spare half hour, I either try to catch the sleep I missed, or work out, or I fully admit to wanting to sit down and do nothing. I wish I had time to get bored. :)

Laundry, however, is interesting here. We have one to two complete sets of bed linens per day (depends how many beds were weedled upon the night before and that morning). On real tough days we have 3 sets of complete bed linens...the night, that morning, and that morning when they snuck into our room and crawled into bed. Oy. B|

Then we go through 3-5 changes of clothes per day per twin...and about 4 bath towels, 5 washcloths, 3 hand towels, and mommy and daddy's work out clothes. 3 sets of kiddo PJ's, and mommies PJ's (Unless I got lucky that night...then there are no PJ's. >:()

-add in tons of undies and socks, and It means that my HUGE capacity front load washer and dryer are always running. Every day. All day. Last load goes in around midnight. First load around 7am.

That's a lot of freakin' laundry. :| Thank God I have a caregiver that is AWESOME at folding and putting away clothes. B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

That is a lot of laundry, woman! Tell me 'bout it! :D And my helper girl just called and said that she's too tired to come in today. :S Ah wells...

***I tell my son to enjoy boredom; it slows life down. He thinks I'm insane because of course he can't stand being bored. Someday he'll get it.

Absolutely! :D -The Sprout hasn't had a moment to be bored since Auntie spoiled the freaking beegeebies out of her for Christmas and bought her one of these DS Lite thingies. :S OMG it is pretty cool...it has a mic right in the little game, and she was showing me on Zelda on this one part you literally have to 'blow out' the torch. You blow into the mic and the torches go out. Is that insane or what?!? :o:D:o:D

Another part of the game you have to traverse some distance, and under the ground are monsters kind of like the movie 'tremors'. They respond to vibration and sound, so she has to walk 'quietly' across this area. Brother and daddy were having fun playing in the room over, and the mic picked up their noise and the monster found her character and ate her! :D:D:D

My gosh and all I had growing up was 'Pong'...:|:D:P
~Jaye

every time you open a little window into your daily life i am completely impressed and it makes me realize how easy i have it with my two monsters. i still can't get over the fact that you couldn't even tinkle without someone else in the house to watch things. you must be a saint.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

while cleaning one of the toilets today, i realized that in the 2 1/2 years i've lived in this house, i've attempted to wash the windows once, and after two windows said "fuck it". i do periodically wash the sliding glass door, but i have to change my answer from toilets to windows.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

every time you open a little window into your daily life i am completely impressed and it makes me realize how easy i have it with my two monsters. i still can't get over the fact that you couldn't even tinkle without someone else in the house to watch things. you must be a saint.

You know, Jaye's not looking to be nominated for sainthood or anything, and knowing her, she'd blush, stare at the floor and feel uncomfortable and say "aww shucks, no, not me" and she'll tell you she's just doing what any other parent would do.

But you're right, what she does on a day-to-day basis is pretty extraordinary - she's in a situation that would cause a lot of people to curl up into a little ball, and instead, she's figured out how to make it work for her family, all day, every day, every week, every month, every year. She's always fighting for the resources that are available or should be available via public education and health sources, she's in touch and on top of all that's going on in autism research to see whether the next breakthrough might be the breakthrough for her guys.

And you'd think that would mean no time for herself or her husband or her daughter, and yet they all lead full, vibrant lives, too.

She's a pretty tough cookie, that's for sure. But since she's not one to take compliments too well, I'll shut up now. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh gyosh...:$ you're both far too kind and give me too much credit. :ph34r:

I'm a firm believer in the saying 'God gives you only what you can handle'. I'd wilt if I had to deal with chronic migraines; being separated from the man I love, lost my hearing, lost a limb, lost a breast to cancer or a brother to violence. Battling some unseen enemy internally, or recovering from a devastating car accident. I admire those people that have been given those crosses to bear, as I can't see that I could!

I can handle hugging 85 pound babies that can't speak yet. I'm good at that. :ph34r:

~Jaye

I suck at getting the confetti out of my keyboard that came out of New Year's cards that certain people from California sent me. :D

Oh...and aside from that...I hate dusting!!! >:(

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I hadn't washed a dish in several years.... then my wife was gone for a couple weeks... I have a dishwashing machine, but I found out what happens when you use regular liquid soap.

:o

:D:D:D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I want to know if I'm the only one that tried to dip ot the dishwasher with a tupperware bowl

I found that a skillet lid worked pretty well on all the suds.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

In my case in actually leaked out the seams some and got all over the kitchen.

It's supposed to - that way you can mop the floors.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

nah-just dump bacon grease on the tile and let the dogs in the house. Kinda like why own a vacuum cleaner, just borrow some toddlers from your friends and turn 'em loose on the carpet-they'll pick up every little bit of trash up and eat ii
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

nah-just dump bacon grease on the tile and let the dogs in the house. Kinda like why own a vacuum cleaner, just borrow some toddlers from your friends and turn 'em loose on the carpet-they'll pick up every little bit of trash up and eat ii

Never thought about the dog thing - I usually put up a child gate and give the neibors persian some meth and then let the dishwasher overflow . . . works pretty good and is pretty entertaining.