GogglesnTeeth

How cold will it get in Florida....

I have lived in Florida 26 of my 32 years of life. Mostly in Central Florida. I have seen snow flurries here (I live way out in the country, where its a lot colder). In 1977 in St Augustine there was actual snow acumulation at the Castillo Fort. I have seen it on several occasions with the temp at 9 degrees early in the morning. I don't think this year will be nearly as cold as last, but just because we live in Florida, don't let that fool ya!;):P

I've lived in both North Florida (Gainesville) and Southwest Florida (Naples) and there is definitely a difference in winter weather within the state.

When I lived in Gainesville, it was not unusual to see frost or even ice early in the morning, we even got the occasional snow flurry. There was a clear change in seasons that I really miss!!!

But, here in Southwest Florida, even though we are not that far from Central Florida, we very rarely see cold weather you do. I, sadly, had my A/C on up until about an hour ago.

To answer Corey's question though, I vote for a low in the 30's for those of us by the coast and upper 20's only for those inland, like Immokalee and LaBelle. To bad it is only going to last a day or two!!!:(

I heard on tv that it hasn't been this cold in 5 years! I'll believe it when I see it tomorrow, right now I'm still in shorts. It's only going to last for 1 day though, so it's nothing to get too excited about. Darn it. [:/]

I do feel sorry for the people tenting it at the boogies tonight. Everyone should sleep with someone to stay warm. Share the love!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

One of the coldest winters I ever spent was in FL.. at the USAF Sea Survival School south of Miami...then again.. we were actually IN and OUT of the freaking water continuously all week long... when the air is 50 and you are soaking wet all day and ther e is a wind... BRRRR

I also saw snow flurries there one night... that was SO not cool... since the barracks were not set up for that much cold.

I do feel sorry for the people tenting it at the boogies tonight.

DONT!!! there are a few that have come down from the GREAT WHITE North... They can handle it!

Arf Arf arf... "rough in it" !!

I know of ONE particular person whom can! she sleept out in an igloo we built after an overnite 16" snowfall with her sister and her Papa for three nights once! B|

These girls were 5 and 4 at the time!! B|

somewhere there are pics I need to get and show

if it's over 50 I may wear a speedo!

Well, I just told you in a pm that Palatka would be a good choice for you, but I don't think they'd appreciate you in a Speedo there. Try to force yourself to wear some shorts.:ph34r:
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

***Try to force yourself to wear some shorts.

Please trust Skymama! She has impeccable taste plus she doesn't want to see Art and Chad have heart attacks when you walk up to manifest wearing a banana hammock.:S:P

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***Try to force yourself to wear some shorts.

Please trust Skymama! She has impeccable taste plus she doesn't want to see Art and Chad have heart attacks when you walk up to manifest wearing a banana hammock.:S:P

That so just made me spray my drink out of my nose... banana hammock... thats awesome!!!!:D:D

Ohh, 29 degrees this morning when I got up! B| I covered my plants yesterday but the sheets came off during the night. I hope the plants will survive.

Sorry you guys are having such chilly weather. I've got that cold stuff every day \right now. It was only in the mid-20's on the ground the other day when I jumped. I'm not about to wait until spring, but damned, 20 degrees is COLD:P:P

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490