boinky

Head In The Toilet...Please Vote!

Hey! Wait just a darned minute!!! You're highjacking my puppycat's thread! Stop it right now!>:(

You have your own thread now! ;)

But it's your picture and caption he's linking too. :) Read the description.

puppycat :D:D:D

What's a kiitydog then?
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hmmm... maybe I just need to stop trying to discourage him and figure out a way to give him controlled access to water. Problem is that I live in a fairly small townhouse and the places I could do that are fairly limited. Maybe I'll set up a splash "tub" (aka dishpan) in the bathtub for him to play with.

I like this idea...my cat is also obsessed with water - tub, shower, toilet, fish bowl - water in all forms.

Boinkys picture of the blue dishpan w/the whale made me think I should do that for Sophie, but if I put it in the tub it will be less messy.

Now I gotta find some of those cute ducks or whales!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I definitely encourage Annika to play in water. You never know when you might have a circumstance that calls for it. ;)

The water in my house takes forever to warm up enough for me to take a shower. So, I use the blue bucket to catch the cold water until it warms up. I set the bucket outside the shower while I am IN the shower. I almost always encourage her to join me in the bathroom whenever I am in there. So...while I am showering, she plays with her little whale in the bucket.

After the shower, I set the bucket of water inside the tub and just pull the shower curtain shut. She can get up and into the tub anytime she wants to play in the water. And there is no mess that way! :)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Looks like she likes the water. Have you thought of getting her a recirculating water dish?

She does like water. But I'm not sure I want her playing in her WATER dish! ;)
Nina

Ya know, I'm not sure I can imagine a title that's more likely to get a whole lot of hits, and go more fire-y, than this one :ph34r:

Well, maybe Tit-ee Bar 2 :)

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Boinkys picture of the blue dishpan w/the whale made me think I should do that for Sophie, but if I put it in the tub it will be less messy.

See my response to NWflyer! ;)

I got her ducks at a local game place. Won them with some tickets. I know that Walmart has all sorts of cute bath toys.

Remember...a cat or a dog is just like a baby. They're going to chew on toys, sit on them or who knows what else. So...check out the baby toy department. That way, there's nothing that will come loose and hurt your "baby."

I found the whale at Walmart. They also had the cutest fish that looked like Nemo! The propeller is in the rear of the whale has a guard around it to prevent little toes from being "bitten." Be careful though...they require very odd batteries! [:/]

I have very tight lids on all of my fish aquariums, or she'd be playing in those too! But I do encourage her to help me feed them and watch them swim around. I always make sure the lids are still very tight when I leave the room.
Nina

Ya know, I'm not sure I can imagine a title that's more likely to get a whole lot of hits, and go more fire-y, than this one :ph34r:

Hey...just doing my job to entertain the masses! :)
Nina

puppycat

What's a kiitydog then?

Well, let me see if I can explain Annika a little. She is a pedigree Maine Coon. Mike once described them as 'dogs in cats bodies.' " She doesn't act much like a regular cat. Nor do I treat her as such.

*She's not scared of dogs at all. I put a baby chihuahua in her carrier last weekend. She never flinched at all. She just stared at it like, "What in the hell do YOU want?"

*She loves to ride in the truck. We travel 14 hours to Georgia from Texas (and back again). She never meows or complains once. She finds herself a nice comfy spot and pretty much sleeps the whole way.

*She has a harness and a leash. And while she may not necessarily let ME walk HER, she does tolerate it and walks ME where SHE wants to go! ;)

*She loves water. Most cats are petrified of it.

*To summon her in the house, I don't say, "kitty." I snap my fingers, normally what is done to summon a dog. And she usually comes running.

*She's not a cuddler. But has to be in the same room I'm in. If I leave a room, she'll get up and follow me. And usually lay within eyesight of me. If I leave THAT room...she follows. (get the idea?)

*She plays fetch. Granted it's only a pom-pom ball...but it's the same concept. I throw it. She brings it back. If she wants to play and we're not already playing, she brings the ball and drops it at my feet. Plus, once she was mad that I was gone for so long, so she chewed her ball into a bunch of itty, bitty pieces to get back at me! ;)

*She has a feather on a stick. She doesn't want to play with the feather. She wants to play with the STICK! :D

I used to want a dog. But I have the best of both worlds. A nice kitty that I don't have to get up early and walk. But a nice puppycat that has a ton of puppy features! BONUS!!! :D
Nina

Looking at boinky's original pics, here's the caption that occurred to me.

Oh, and I came home once to find my cat soaking wet on a bright sunny day. Once I'd figured that one out, I started leaving the lid down on the toilet. I'm guessing he'd just been after a drink, and slipped.