skydivermom

My first day of school!

Please wish me luck! Today is my first day of school. I am going to become an interpreter for the deaf. I've only been in love with sign language for five years now.

I guess it's about time! :)
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Please wish me luck! Today is my first day of school. I am going to become an interpreter for the deaf. I've only been in love with sign language for five years now.

Get in there and kick ass! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think that is so awesome!! I have always wanted to learn ASL! You rock! Good luck, school is fun, especially as an adult!;)

Yay, good for you! I passed the written portion of the RID test, and am now preparing for the interview/performance portion. Hope to have my certification by mid-year sometime. I still feel like I'm really far from being able to do that, but if I set even a loose deadline ("mid-year") I'll at least work toward that.

Good luck and have fun! :)
~skysprite

You've only ever said one thing to me in sign language, but you've said it a lot, and quite clearly, so I'm sure you'll do fine. ;)

I think I have a picture of that. :o:D Oh wait... Maybe it was you doing the sign language to us. :S

Good luck Kat!! You'll do fine. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Thanks everyone! I can't wait!

And Linder, I think I know what sign you are talking about! That is not in the cirriculum dude so SSSHHH!;)

It would be so funny to sign "fuck you" in some other language so nobody knows what you're saying. When the deaf skydivers got together at the deaf world record in Florida in 2005, we learned the Japanese, English (UK), and Norwegian signs for "fuck you". :D:D:D

Imagine the look on Alan's (UK jumper) face when I signed it in his language out of the blue. He did a double-take when he wasn't expecting it. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It would be so funny to sign "fuck you" in some other language so nobody knows what you're saying. When the deaf skydivers got together at the deaf world record in Florida in 2005, we learned the Japanese, English (UK), and Norwegian signs for "fuck you". :D:D:D

Imagine the look on Alan's (UK jumper) face when I signed it in his language out of the blue. He did a double-take when he wasn't expecting it. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That's funny!:D:D

Anyone that knows me even a little bit would do a double take if I said F you in any language!
Mrs. WaltAppel

I think that is so awesome!! I have always wanted to learn ASL! You rock! Good luck, school is fun, especially as an adult!;)

Thanks mama. The encouragement is so appreciated. I kept thinking to myself as I drove to class last night. What am I doing? It's still so hard to believe.
Mrs. WaltAppel

Thanks to all for your encouragement. My class last night was Intro. to the Deaf Community. The instructor is Deaf and so it was a treat to watch him sign the whole time. He is also very funny, and it turns out he knows a skydiving friend of mine who is also Deaf. I could actually pick out a lot of what he was signing, and it was fun watching the interpreters do their jobs too.

I hope this doesn't sound tacky, but the title of the textbook for that class is "Deaf People". I keep thinking of that line in the movie Sixth Sense, and I keep hearing in my head. "I see Deaf People". Oh man that's awful[:/]

Mrs. WaltAppel

Ahh, good for you!!B|

Years ago I used to know how to sign the alphabet and could communicate very s-l-o-w-l-y with a girl at school. And taking a course has always been on my master "to do" list (along with taking piano lessons, painting lessons, go to Hawaii, try skydiving...).

This reminds me, I gotta get back to that list of mine!:$

Keep goin'...you'll be great!!!:)

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Keep it up!

Damn, now I really want to see you again. I wonder how fast can I get to Temple from the other side of the world...;)

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Just be sure you cuss billy out next time you see him.:P

A little late, but good luck.:) We'll see ya Saturday.B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Keep it up!

Damn, now I really want to see you again. I wonder how fast can I get to Temple from the other side of the world...;)

:(:(Yeah, I miss you too. Wish you could get down here by Saturday.
Mrs. WaltAppel

Congrats, Lady K!

:)
Hang in class and learn the language.
Hang with Villy Bance to learn the good stuff.
:D:D

Thanks Pops! I'm a little overwhelmed after the first week, but I know it'll get better!

And Gonzo, I couldn't cuss Billy out even if I was the cussin' kind! I know he's just too sweet.:)
But I can't wait till he can teach me some stuff I won't learn in school.:)
Mrs. WaltAppel