ACMESkydiver

Fitness Freaks! Post For February 1st-February 7th

Just finished an hour on the treadmill. 3%-5% incline (ok, so it was 3% for all but the last 3 minutes! :D) I *climbed* for 3 1/2 miles.

That felt good...i love it when you're tired and say, 'I'm just going to do 15 minutes just to say I did something' and you end up finishing your hour. B|

Can't pat myself on the back too hard though...I was just trying to avoid the weight lifting that I really should have been doing...:$:ph34r:. I'll hit that tomorrow before my hour on the treadmill. :)
You guys are really keeping me motivated to 'do' when I think I'm 'done'. ;)B|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm in the midst of moving from the conex back to a seahut room (and two roommates), so I haven't been doing the exercises as hard.

Down to 209.4 lbs, though....woohoo!!

I'll be finished moving by Sunday and will be able to get back to it for the start of the week.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm in the midst of moving from the conex back to a seahut room (and two roommates), so I haven't been doing the exercises as hard.

Down to 209.4 lbs, though....woohoo!!

I'll be finished moving by Sunday and will be able to get back to it for the start of the week.

Hooray! :)
~Jaye

I've been managing to avoid the scale during my weekly sessions with the trainer, but he tricked me into going into the "scale room" the other night. [:/]

Dang it! That butt-head! >:(:P

Yeah...but it's good to have someone right there to hold you accountable to your own stated goals. Even if they gut-shot ya now and then! :o:ph34r:

I can't call him a butt head- he's too sweet (even though he DID trick me!!) He DOES help keep me on track. I'm pretty aware of that number on the scale, I just didn't want him to see it! doh!:$

Honestly though, even though the scale isn't budging, I am finally starting to see progress in my upper body from the strength training. I'm getting there, but I'll get there faster if I can do a better job with my eating habits!

Just finished an hour on the treadmill. 3%-5% incline (ok, so it was 3% for all but the last 3 minutes! :D) I *climbed* for 3 1/2 miles.

That felt good...i love it when you're tired and say, 'I'm just going to do 15 minutes just to say I did something' and you end up finishing your hour. B|

Can't pat myself on the back too hard though...I was just trying to avoid the weight lifting that I really should have been doing...:$:ph34r:. I'll hit that tomorrow before my hour on the treadmill. :)
You guys are really keeping me motivated to 'do' when I think I'm 'done'. ;)B|

I hate when work gets in the way of working out. hopefully I will be off at a decent time today to hit the gym. Have only gone a couple of times this week but will definitely be hitting it sun, mon, tues
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

my name is now officially on a Coast Guard contract.

WOO-HOO!!! B|B|B|

WOO-HOO indeed. ;)

It's a damn good feeling, regardless of how nervous the bootcamp video made me. First impression was a Company Commander jumping on the bus, screaming at the new recruits for about 10 seconds, and then saying, "You had 15 seconds to get off this bus, you just wasted 10 of them, now MOVE!!!!!!!!"

And to selbbub78, thanks! Yeah, recovery is good, except when you waste breath and recovery energy on some stupid fight with an insane sister. It'll probably take me at least another day or two to be fully recovered now, because my voice is gone and my throat is sore from yelling. My own stupid fault though, maybe being in the Coast Guard will teach me a little more self-control. :S
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

well total mile run this week is 14.66 miles. Thats running 6 days this week (yesterday and this morning were my "long run" days), which I should not do really. I will back it down to 5 days a week next week. I don't want to get obsessive about it and I am not doing it to lose weight, just to get the fresh air and exercise that I need. I maybe skinny but that doesn't mean I am in shape.:ph34r: After four weeks of running, I am pretty damn proud of myself!

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Cool! Good job...16 1/2 miles is awesome!

I was telling Joe about your running, and I was telling him 'I wish I could run like that and have a great butt!' :D

He asks me, 'How many miles did you run this week?'

:| 'Um...I don't really run per se...'

'Well that's exactly the reason you don't have that running habit and butt then, isn't it?'

>:(

STFU, MR. P!!! >:(:D:P

Well anyhoo, when I'm doing what I should ALL WEEK, I cover about 13 miles on the treadmill walking fast, or climbing with VERY short little bursts of running (like 1-2 minutes at a time). And yeah, I know that treadmill work isn't the same as getting out on the road...but I do what I can do for now! :)
As for obsessing...you're right to recognize what you need to do to maintain a balance that's right for you. Very smart thinking. B|

~Jaye

Meh....roommates (at least in this place) are only good for throwing things at!! :P

Sweetheart...we just got a phone call last night that we're about to have 5 more 'roommates' before Thursday. 2 adults and 3 teenagers. SO I DON'T WANNA HEAR YER BITCHIN'!! :D:D:D:D

:)
~Jaye

I was doing great today until I remembered that...

[RED]IT'S FAT TUESDAY!!!![/RED]

So being as I'm about to undertake 64 days of deprivation (for me, it's no sugar, no refined foods like bleached flour, and no preservatives -no meat on Fridays...I'm doing the whole deal!), I ate all sorts of fattening, sugar-laden cheeseburger -Little Debbie-disgusting-anything I could get. :|

My tummy was like, "Uh....WTF, over? Can I get a ruling on this BS?" :|

tummy is not happy. :( Ugh...

Well, I guess at least I got 30 minutes on the treadmill. Nothing good, and it won't account for even the protein shake I drank this morning, let alone prolly 2000 calories of pure CRAP junk food...but I'm excited about tomorrow. B|

Er...later today. As of 14 minutes ago, I'm a good girl. :):)

~Jaye

Meh....roommates (at least in this place) are only good for throwing things at!! :P

Sweetheart...we just got a phone call last night that we're about to have 5 more 'roommates' before Thursday. 2 adults and 3 teenagers. SO I DON'T WANNA HEAR YER BITCHIN'!! :D:D:D:D

THROW STUFF AT 'EM!!!! :D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It finally didn't rain on walking class days, so I got some miles in on the track this week. The coach wants us doing 4 minute laps by the end of the semester. I'm already doing 4 minute laps.

Interesting discoveries this week - when I'm walking around town I like to have but don't really need the Ipod. On the track? It's a necessity! And I'm definitely ADD, I can't keep an accurate count of how many laps I've done cuz my mind is too busy thinking about 95 other things. :S:D

Still averaging 3.5 miles a day (including "zero" days). I've backed off on increasing my mileage goals beyond getting the average up to 5 a day for the time being; once it starts to get warmer and stay light later I'll be ramping it up.

No more Latin Cardio on Tuesdays :( so I switched my trainer nights. (He had another client who desperately wanted my Wednesday night slot so I switched to Tuesdays, an hour earlier which actually works better for me too.....) Anyway, we mostly did legs last night but somehow I managed to do something to my right shoulder. I really wanted to work my arms and upper body tonight to balance out what I did last night......:S But, the shoulder is sore and its more than just normal muscle strain. So, I think no lifting tonight- maybe just some time on the elliptical and ibuprofen when I get home. sigh................

If I may intrude....

We recently moved and before that my treadmill was in storage for 3 months. Phew!

And my knees are worth crap lately so I'm starting slow with just some quick walking. I'm wearing a pedometer all day and am trying to get about 8500 steps a day. I want to increase that to 9000 next week and so forth.

My work is doing a ww at work so today is my 2nd weigh in to see if I lost anything.

I too would love to run... ok jog.... but my knees won't let me. I'm hoping they will recover when I lose some weight.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

You're not intruding. And great job getting the dust off the treadmill! Although I've never really injured them, I've had some knee and flexibility issues that became more noticeable when I started strength training. Best advice I can give is what your are doing- start slow and gradually add in more strength training. It may not happen over night, but you WILL see a difference.

It finally didn't rain on walking class days, so I got some miles in on the track this week. The coach wants us doing 4 minute laps by the end of the semester. I'm already doing 4 minute laps.

Way to stay ahead of the game, girl! B|

Interesting discoveries this week - when I'm walking around town I like to have but don't really need the Ipod. On the track? It's a necessity! And I'm definitely ADD, I can't keep an accurate count of how many laps I've done cuz my mind is too busy thinking about 95 other things. :S:D

I have the SAME PROBLEM! :D I need the music to get me into a zone-out phase if I'm on the treadmill. -And I never could remember how many laps I was on when I was in the army...I just made sure to keep one particular girl ahead of me in sight, and when she stopped running, so did I. :$:D

Still averaging 3.5 miles a day (including "zero" days). I've backed off on increasing my mileage goals beyond getting the average up to 5 a day for the time being; once it starts to get warmer and stay light later I'll be ramping it up.

Nice work!! ;) Much easier to keep motivated when the sun is on your face, isn't it? ...and it's freakin' cold up here. :D
~Jaye

No more Latin Cardio on Tuesdays :( so I switched my trainer nights. (He had another client who desperately wanted my Wednesday night slot so I switched to Tuesdays, an hour earlier which actually works better for me too.....)

I'll be off to the gym here in about 15 minutes for the first time in 2 months (been working out at home to avoid the crowds). I sure hope they have hired some new freaking instructors! That's a lot of the reason that I joined this particular gym...for the classes that they offered. Since they fired/lost all of their pilates, yoga, abs, and circuit training instructors, I've found little motivation to go in. >:(

Anyway, we mostly did legs last night but somehow I managed to do something to my right shoulder. I really wanted to work my arms and upper body tonight to balance out what I did last night......:S But, the shoulder is sore and its more than just normal muscle strain. So, I think no lifting tonight- maybe just some time on the elliptical and ibuprofen when I get home. sigh................

Ice for 3 days. [:/] Then heat.

Take care, shoulders are so darned touchy sometimes. I've never had an issue (knock on wood) but my daddy sure did when he was playing tournament handball whilest I was growing up. I had to ice his shoulder plenty of times. [:/]

SPEAKING OF WHICH!! I do actually have some good advice! Daddy used to freeze water in paper Dixie cups in the freezer. That way when he needed me to ice his shoulder, I'd just grab one, rip off the upper portion of the paper, and put it directly on his shoulder. I could kind of massage it in that way...rub it around the whole shoulder joint. It didn't freeze to my fingers because I'd hold onto the bottom part of the ice cup that still had remaining Dixie cup on it. Then I'd just keep peeling as the ice melted. It worked GREAT!

-A word of caution if you do have someone do that for you; definitely don't keep the ice directly on your skin for more than about 5 minutes at a shot. You don't want to damage your skin with frostbite. ;)
~Jaye

Thanks for the welcome!

I never hurt my knees either, but bad knees seem to run in the family so I might be doomed.

We have a bow flex with the leg extension piece so I can start that soon too.

My weigh-in is in 2 hours and I almost had a bagel! Old habits die hard (free in the lunchroom).

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

-What tigra said. :ph34r:

The only thing I will add is that Glocosamine has made an unbelievable difference in my joints! I have sprained/screwed up both knees, broken one ankle and sprained/dislocated my thumb joint on one hand 3 times in a row (get a coach if you're landings suck. That's all I'm gonna say 'bout the thumb sprain/dislocate x 3. :$:$). Glucosamine is the bomb-diggity. B|:D

-IF it's a pharmaceutical grade source. I would highly, strongly, really really suggest NOT buying anything from WalMart or Costco or any other discounter or grocery store. You are not getting what's on the label, and you're really just wasting money. [:/]

I take a very highly 'bio-available' (I think that's the term!) pharmaceutical grade glucosamine, and so does my mother in law who is in her 60's. We have both made astounding improvements with just that. I can walk around without the grinding and pain in my knees, and that wasn't supposed to be possible without surgery. B|

~Jaye

THROW STUFF AT 'EM!!!! :D:D:D

I'm 'bout to throw some laundry and a rake at 'em, by golly! :o:D

Actually they are so very helpful when it comes to housework. I'm not worried at all...:P
~Jaye

Still not much working out the last few days, only now feeling fully recovered from getting sick, but at least it's right in time to ship out. I'm going to throw on my Coast Guard shirt and do a short run this afternoon, make sure that my legs are nice and limber before I go to Cape May, and do a bunch of situps so that I have the proper form.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche