smiler

Skyhook retrofit

this'll probably be quicker than contacting the manufacturer

Huh?!?!??:S:S

From the manufacturer you get up-to-date pricing and no surprises. It took me about two minutes to find it listed on Relative Workshop's website. Click on "Rigging Price List" for the .pdf; you'll find your item under "Installations/Modifications" about halfway down the right side. $275 for a V3. That's a good start.

http://www.relativeworkshop.com/support_rigging.html
Arrive Safely

John

Got a rubbish computer that wouldn't open anything, and am in the UK so didn't want to call the States as expensive - so was comparing getting a reply to an e mail from RWS to getting a reply to a post on here! Sorry! Did try their website but couldn't open the pdf. Thanks for finding the figure for me.
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

The current prices for the Skyook modification to any Vector 3 is $195 if the rig currently has an RSL, and $295 if the RSL needs to be added to the rig. If you have any questions, give me a call.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Spare Parts Sales
Relative Workshop
386-736-7589

I'd still like to know what Bill and RWS are doing about allowing Riggers out side of the USA to retrofit the Skyhook
:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We currently have 4 locations for Sport Skyhook Retrofits. Two of these are outside of the USA. They can be done are Relative Workshop in Florida, Paraconcepts in Chicago, Fallschirmdepot in Germany, and Air Paradive in Israel.

Parachutes Australia can do the modifications on Sigma's but not sport rigs.

We are working on getting more authorized centers around the world, but as of right now these are the only locations where the modification is available.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Relative Workshop
Spare Parts Sales

We currently have 4 locations for Sport Skyhook Retrofits. Two of these are outside of the USA. They can be done are Relative Workshop in Florida, Paraconcepts in Chicago, Fallschirmdepot in Germany, and Air Paradive in Israel.

Parachutes Australia can do the modifications on Sigma's but not sport rigs.

We are working on getting more authorized centers around the world, but as of right now these are the only locations where the modification is available.

Mark Klingelhoefer
Relative Workshop
Spare Parts Sales

Chuting Star Rigging Loft in Atlanta can do the Skyhook retrofits on Sigmas and sport Vectors as well. I was certified by Bill Booth and Pablito Perrazzoli on April 5 and 6, 2005.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

one would wonder why a RWS representative would not mention that. perhaps kligeme would like to make another post and apologize for excluding you.

kligeme (Mark) must have been having a "bad hair day". (Sorry Mark)

So Bill how do we go avbout getting Para Oz to retro fit the sport riggs??
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've just spoke to Pablo in our rigging loft and Mike has been approved for skyhook modifications. I apologize for leaving him off the list.
Mark Klingelhoefer

No need to apologize...was just adding to the conversation on Skyhooks. I'm sure it was just an oversight. My original intent when spending a week with Pablo at RWS was to get trained up for doing retrofits on several older Sigmas at Atlanta Skydiving Center. I ended up getting certified for all Skyhook retrofits for Sigmas and Vector 3s while I was there. I need to go back sometime this year and spend another week at the RWS loft...lots of good info/training for other repairs, mods and such.

As for the cost to those who want Skyhook retrofits, we just follow RWS pricing as quoted above. Sometimes turnaround times can be a little faster at the approved lofts if the RWS loft is backed up...but that's the only advantage besides saving on shipping costs for local skydivers.

Mike
ChutingStar.com