Conundrum

Wow

it's lame to delete someone's thread and not tell them why.

The mods have commented on this several times. I am not sure why you feel that you would be titled to special treatment.
If they feel a post should be deleted, It gets deleted. No one else gets a PM saying why.

And then when they ask why, you delete that thread too and never give them an answer.

And the rules are pretty clear on this one.

From the forum Rules:

We do however reserve the right to remove any post when these rules are abused or policies violated without prior notice or explanation. If you repeatedly violate any of these rules or otherwise seek to disrupt the board then the administrators can suspend your posting privileges or disable your account at their discretion.

Followed by

"Gripe" threads about any action from a moderator including "Where did my post go?" posts will be removed.

I think it's something personal, but I'd like to know either way.

That may very well be the case. Sangiro recently said that several of us (And I include myself in this) have been abusing the forums lately. Perhaps you are on that list and may get less leeway than those who are not on that list.

In general your posts do tend to be more confrontational and condescending than most here. I do not mean this as any form of Personal attack, just a statement of opinion. I think Sangiro and the Mods have a certain "Vibe" they would want to nurture here. It is Sangiros house and we are guests.

I will gladly accept annonymous submissions for this via PM. :D

you just asked for people to send youi pics of themselves wiping their butts..
GIRL GET HELP SOON:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Awe. Bravo!

You just had a baby didnt you chelle?
So post a pic of your boobies with your next poll, that should prevent deletion:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

At some point, if you haven't already, you're going to say to your son, when he asks "Why, Mommy?" (or perhaps "Why not, Mommy?") you're just going to say "Because I said so" and there might not be a better answer than that on that day.

This might be one of those days. :D

In going along with what you just said - I will have to say that [in many instances] children are better behaved than adults... I recently had a discussion about this with my best friend - at first, I was puzzled & didn't know what to make of Martin's statement, but as we continued I understood what he was saying.

For example, tell a kid "don't play with matches" or "don't touch the stove" etc, etc and odds are that child will listen (most of the time anyway.) Now, switch gears and look at adults - we do exactly the opposite of what we're told... I.E. I can't count how many times I've seen some douche bag smoke a cigarette at the gas pump or smoke in the non smoking section of a restaurant. Not littering is another one - but does anyone care? - no. :| There's a whole list of things i could pull out

What was I not listening to?
Click me.

Quite honestly, I think a post discussing ones ass wiping preferences fall right into this category, but hey - that's just me. Even if your poll as for sake of comparison; why would people discuss such a topic on any board?... :S I mean, you might as well ask: "do guys jerk off with their left or right hand?" Some guys will say left, others, right. Any difference? - not reaslly. NOW, a thread about orgasms, T H A T is another thing all together - we might actually learn something. ;)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Even if your poll as for sake of comparison; why would people discuss such a topic on any board?... :S I mean, you might as well ask: "do guys jerk off with their left or right hand?" Some guys will say left, others, right. Any difference? - not reaslly. NOW, a thread about orgasms, T H A T is another thing all together - we might actually learn something. ;)

This other forum I speak of is..... well, a lot different than this board. It's a sick... sick place.:D

Awe. Bravo!

So post a pic of your boobies with your next poll, that should prevent deletion:D:D

Said boobies are quite large... maybe I will be forgiven if I share. Whattya think? :P
Was that a serious question? :|

Awe. Bravo!

Said boobies are quite large... maybe I will be forgiven if I share. Whattya think? :P

I don't know... does it violate any rules? I wouldn't want them to get deleted. :D:P;)

Awe. Bravo!

I don't know... does it violate any rules? I wouldn't want them to get deleted. :D:P;)
No man in his right mind has anything against boobies, thus there is no such violation B|

Plus, remember this IS a skydiving forum...

OK well send them to me 1st and i'll let you know if I think that they would be deleted :D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Awe. Bravo!

I don't delete PMs, and my inbox is unmoderated. You're fine.

But post them here too to see if they get deleted... you know, for research purposes.

Instead of PM'ing you I'll just post this one for everyone to see and understand.

I'm not sure which mod deleted your thread but it wasn't me. I have been working since 7am and just logged on to here to see 2 threads started by you in the recycle bin. It honestly doesn't matter who deleted it, its been deleted and no matter how large of a temper tanturum you throw its not coming back. It was deleted since the content of it is going against the Open Forum direction that Sangiro is trying to have us steer the forums back to. I'm not sure about any other threads that are open, I'll be looking at them soon to see if others need deleted too.

As its been mentioned before, Moderators will not notify you on every post that they have to delete. We will usually notify you if its your first occurance or it is something we feel needs to be brought to the users attention in no unclear terms. For the most part we'll just clean the forum up and business goes on as usual. If we need to ban someone they get notified. With the number of posts we delete in a given day we'd be sending PM's for an hour or so just to explain why we deleted it when most people don't really care anyways and in my opinion that time is better spent for us in enjoying these forums instead of chasing every person down to make sure they don't have any lingering questions as to why their post was deleted. For the most part its easy to figure out who deleted your post, there are limited mods in each forum and for the most part if we are online we are posting so its pretty simple to short list and ask if you are having issues in figuring out why it was removed.

In the last 12 hours there have been over 60 posts deleted including 2 threads and 2 replies you made. 1 thread and 1 post that was in a direct violation of the rules on this forum about Gripe threads. The forum rules specifically mention gripe threads will be deleted but yet you are still here bitching in a second gripe thread that we deleted your first post. Doing this is not winning you any favors and as a few people can tell you, this type of behaivor helps you to find your posting and reading privilages revoked.

If you or anyone else has any complaints with the way we are moderating the forums please contact Sangiro, he has stepped in to help clarify some misunderstandings on the moderation in the past to both the users and the moderators. Continuing to gripe in the forums is not a valid method of contacting him and those threads will be deleted and repeat violations will be handled at that time.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com