JWOTE

Jump into Atlanta Motor Speedway

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the skydive that a local radio station (Project 96.1) is giving away to jump into A.M.S. race weekend?
A wise man once stated that, "I would rather be on the ground wishing that I was in the air, than being in the air wishing that I was on the ground".

Living Life "Just West Of The Equator"

It's most likely going to be a demo jump by PRO rated jumpers, unless it's a tandem jump being given away, which will require a special waiver...

I haven't heard anything so I'm putting my bet on the former. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's most likely going to be a demo jump by PRO rated jumpers, unless it's a tandem jump being given away, which will require a special waiver... :P

...or a spot on the BOD.:D

Ok everyone, sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Back on topic.

I don't know who is doing it but it may not even be a local demo team involved. if its a redbull thing the names should be obvious.
My photos

My Videos

It's most likely going to be a demo jump by PRO rated jumpers, unless it's a tandem jump being given away, which will require a special waiver... :P

...or a spot on the BOD.:D

Ok everyone, sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Back on topic.

I don't know who is doing it but it may not even be a local demo team involved. if its a redbull thing the names should be obvious.

Or one of the DOD teams...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Odds are that its Fastrax. They have done that jump in years past and I was under the impression they have some sort of contract to do the NASCAR races this year. It could also be a DOD team like the Knights or the 101st / 82nd teams.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Odds are that its Fastrax. They have done that jump in years past and I was under the impression they have some sort of contract to do the NASCAR races this year. It could also be a DOD team like the Knights or the 101st / 82nd teams.

Not the 101st team. Though, we have a few jumps at Nashville Int'l Speedway this year.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Agreed, It's probably Fastrax. Assuming it's for a nascar race I believe they have a contract to do the races. I believe Fastrax also sometimes has one of the US Army teams join them as well.

I actually worked with the Ground Crew for one of the Nascar demos outside of Phoenix, AZ. It was really neat and an excellent learning experience (I had never actually done it before and was put in charge of coordinating the exit timing through the pilot to have the demo jumper on the ground at the right time... :)

Every thing went off without a hitch and was a lot of fun... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Just for curiosities sake, what plane do they use when they do these demos? Do they travel with their own plane?

I think it would depend on how far away the demo is from their location.

I've known of instances where they have flown in the caravan to do demo's but often I think they utilize local aircraft. For the Demo in Phoenix they used a C-182 from a local DZ. (the pilot was very professional and did a great job... in fact the jumper, who is also a jump pilot, took a few extra moments in the door to thank him for doing such a good job... :D)

I don't know the full logistics for many of their demos... I do know that for local demos they often use their plane.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Just for curiosities sake, what plane do they use when they do these demos?

Little off topic....
I just saw where Viking was awarded the contract for 4, yep FOUR brand spankin new DH6-400 series Otters for the Golden Knights!!! (at about 4 million a piece)

Damn... your tax dollars at work! :D

Oy Billy post a full version of your avatar? i cant quite make it out, I see the legs but not much else?:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Oy Billy post a full version of your avatar? i cant quite make it out, I see the legs but not much else?:ph34r:

I posted it in two different threads... I'll see if I can find them, it's already deleted from my computer...

Here it is:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=96699;

:)