ltdiver

UK's Steve Truglia throws his hat in the ring?

We know about U.S.'s Cheryl Sterns. We know about France's Michel Fournier.

Now, who's this Steve Truglia who's captured this week's press?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article817428.ece

And as usual, the first and foremost obstacle is the $$.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

"And wow! Hey! What's this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like ... ow ... ound ... round ... ground! That's it! That's a good name — ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'd sure hate to spot that load.

From that altitude? Just aim for the big blue planet.

I notice from the Sun article that this skydive is 'the last great challenge left on Earth.'

Imagine that. No more great challenges left. :|

Oh don't be so sure of that. Somebody's got to try a jump from the shuttle before the fleet retires! Now if they can produce a fire-proof spacesuit for re-entry... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I met Steve at hinton last weekend, and yes the £$£$£$ is the first&foremost obstacle, but I wouldn't bet against him. The 52k jump sounds on for this year but it's the big one beating kittingers record that's the holy grail. I think its fucking coolB|imagine an exit with blackenss above you and the curvature of the earth below you, I dream about the reality. In my fantasies, 10, 20 years from now (I can wait), space jumps are available to jumpers the way north pole/everest jumps are today. Hearing the cost and the difficulty of even buying a full pressure suit was a bit of a reality check. Don't care sign me up.

always worth reposting- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrBZeWjGjl8

but what do I know

Love watching Kittenger bail from his gondola and fall away. Amazing that the exit camera kept catching glimpses of him in freefall. Too bad the music group who posted that particular rendition added their own water-stuff 1/2 way through. Kind of takes away from the magisty of it all with that perversion.

Let's try this video instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gn2oLeC_U

Can't wait for Skydive Radio to post their interview with Kittenger later this year. :^)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Bumping this because this was on Northwest Cable News just now as I'm TRYING to get my darned treadmill time in! :o:ph34r:

I blame the guy in the orange jumpsuit for my hitting the 'panic' button and jumping off to turn up the volume...:):):):P

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.