Gandhi

news on L-&-B products?

im just wondering if anyone has any news on the arrival date of the VISO digital visual monster alti... The Optima and Solo i think are out, and on the website it says the viso is coming in 'early 2006'. It is moving into mid 2006 and im getting nervous!!

any heads up would be great, as i stood on my neptune, so i'd like to know whether to fix it or wait!

cheers
quote 'you are to go around... next time extend your landing gear'

thank you kindly.

I chose to thank you rather than dino because you're answer was a better one!
im gonna look behind the sofa for some money, any ideas on cost?

thanks!
quote 'you are to go around... next time extend your landing gear'

I chose to thank you rather than dino because you're answer was a better one!

more favorable answer, but I fear Dino's is more likely to be true, given the number of times they've extended it just 2 more months out. Though I'd sure like it to be true this time.

If they haven't started manufacturing this week, I wonder about making an April timeframe.

(How is March 10th mid 2006?)

My teammate and I have Visos for testing purposes. They're nice little altimeters. All the functions of the pro-track (except audibles) but worn on the wrist. It is really accurate and has some nice new features like jump data playback. We're still playing with them to see what all they can do. Definitely nice.
Oh, hello again!

2 more things... the VISO does not have any swoop alarms, nor does it have the capability to connect to a computer (at this time). So for now, we're looking at digital wristmounts with all the info of a pro-track, just no noises and downloading.

The screen is a bit smaller than the Pro-Track screen and it is not LCD pixels like the Neptune ... just FYI.
Oh, hello again!

You're right. I just looked at the website and the visio indeed doesn't have swoop alarms. I do remember that they were there before. Is my mind playing tricks?

IMHO it's a dissapointment for me, cause I really want a L & B product and I am looking for a digital altimeter for swooping, in which I would like swoop alarms.. :(
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

I don't hear my neptune when I use it as an altimeter, not in freefall and not under canopy. So you need two devices (neptune/wave or viso/optima or ...) if you want and the beeps and the altimeter.

You will need 2 devices if you want both an audible and an altimeter.

You might consider this from the Neptune Manual:

"We recommend that alarms are disabled (Menu > System > Options 1 > Audible > Disable) if you are using Neptune as a visual altimeter. The alarm icon will change on the ground screen to show that the alarms have been disabled."

OKay this is weird... the word "icon" is in all lower case without a link in my message but becomes a link with the "i" capitalized.... Is there new functionality in dz.com?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

OKay this is weird... the word "icon" is in all lower case without a link in my message but becomes a link with the "i" capitalized.... Is there new functionality in dz.com?

So if I type the name of an advertiser, it gets linkified and links to the ad?

Icon
Performance Designs
Cypres 2

No, apparently only Icon. Very weird. Maybe it's a new advertising strategy that HH is experimenting with.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So if I type the name of an advertiser, it gets linkified and links to the ad?

Icon
Performance Designs
Cypres 2

No, apparently only Icon. Very weird. Maybe it's a new advertising strategy that HH is experimenting with.

Must be, happens to the word aerodyne too, I typed it all lower case. I posted a question in errors and bug reports. Unfortunately the word icon is a thing other than a rig, as in my post above.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Must be, happens to the word aerodyne too, I typed it all lower case. I posted a question in errors and bug reports. Unfortunately the word icon is a thing other than a rig, as in my post above.

Perhaps only capitallized I-c-o-n should become "Icon", and only lowercase i-c-o-n should be left alone as "icon"?

P.S. a found a trick to override this feature. Just add an empty italics word in the middle of the word icon. Type "ic", then hit the italics button twice, then "on" whenever you're typing about another meaning of icon than the Icon rig.