PLFXpert

Post Your Favorite Commercial

In Skymama's thread, jkm2500 reminded me of another one I thought was cute--not hilarious, but a cute follow-up.

I don't text much. And though I can figure out most acronyms easy enough, the texting commercials are kinda funny. But the funniest was this follow-up.

"IDK, my BFF, Rose.":D:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

:D

I remember that one. It's one of those--like a movie--that's still enjoyable but you knew what was going to happen the entire time.

:P

I LOVE commercials, though. I'm seriously thinking of looking into getting paid for my ideas on that. Billy and I have thought up some funny & creative shit--like everyone else. But b/c it's us, we think we're awesome and would totatlly rock the field.B|:P

I haven't seen that one... till now! That's funny!:D You'd need a damned awful small brandin' iron!:D

I've tried branding my kitty herd outside. There's 12 of them. Just corraling them is a job by it self. I think I need a smaller lasso.

Chuck

"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

From your neck of the woods, how do you like Greg Gray's "The Clap" for MTN? I love this spot... And the tune is stuck in my head!

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Hey Nick, how do you know about that?

I absolutely love it. In fact it was done by one of my agency's (The Jupiter Drawing Room) smaller subsidiaries "The Metropolitan Republic".

Now here is a selfless plug:

This is my latest film (and the one i'm the most proud of) for a major South African fuel manufacturer, shot with Keith Rose, also from Velocity Films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MSl1tacPqs

edited to add: here is a link to "The Clap" commercial that Frenchy was talking about. It's on the right hand side of the page.

http://www.velocityfilms.com/

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

:D

We have a very good British friend who is also very "No Nonsense" and he says things off-hand so matter-of-factly just like that.:D He's not even trying to be funny, and you'll laugh and he'll be all, "What? It's true.":D:D:D

Hey Nick, how do you know about that?

I absolutely love it. In fact it was done by one of my agency's (The Jupiter Drawing Room) smaller subsidiaries "The Metropolitan Republic".

Now here is a selfless plug:

This is my latest film (and the one i'm the most proud of) for a major South African fuel manufacturer, shot with Keith Rose, also from Velocity Films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MSl1tacPqs

edited to add: here is a link to "The Clap" commercial that Frenchy was talking about. It's on the right hand side of the page.

http://www.velocityfilms.com/

Peej, I was showing "your" spot to the ECD in charge of the biggest advertiser in China today...:)Great job brother...

PS: I was trading emails with Barry M. today about a project in China, hence having that damn "Clap Clap" tune in my head...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."