bigway

HD tv help and normal tv

I have decided tomorrow I am going to buy a TV.
First of all there is a massive sale on so i will go there first. After that my back up is the following link...

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-plasma-lcd-home-theatre/tv-plasma-lcd/

Can anyone tell me if the $799 one will be a good picture?

Then what I really want to hear about is the one that is going for $1599 full HD 42"
Does anyone know about this brand?

Here is a link to the specs.

Thanks.http://www.soniqav.com/QASA.php?mdm=8a21f25b88098afd8bb09b4314148046

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

How do you get your picture? How do you get your cable or do you only want to use it for DVD? These days you can have hardcore gear and if you hook it up right you don't get the best of it!

I guess it depends what you mean by good picture and what your expectations are.

I went through the same exercise myself recently and I concluded to get HDMI with 1080p quality. I don't think an HDMI always implies that the TV is 1080p. So, that tv looks like it has it and your PS3 would look like a dream on it.

I don't know how popular that brand is in Asia but I got what sounded like an odd brand but the truth is they make the parts that the label brands then put a markup on.

I am not convinced this helps much, except to say I know the pain of this project!

HDMI does NOT mean 1080p nor does it mean FullHD. What it does mean is High Definition Multimedia Interface. It can Xmit 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576i/p, 480i/p.
There are also varying levels/versions of HDMI, and if you have a TV that can manage HDMI 1.3, you'll be most happy, and you get .x.v. color as well, which is a deeper color standard, but not to be confused with Deep Color.

You're right that many of the cheap sets buy OEM from the bigger names, but overall, if it doesn't have a samsung display module, I personally wouldn't touch it. Sony, Pioneer, Vizio, Panasonic, Viewsonic....all source Samsung for the panel itself. Processing, features, software, power might be their own, but most good panels are made by Samsung.

Bigway, if you're not rushing, check out http://www.thefullhd.com We'll be posting a few dozen articles up there soon. VASST.com has lots of articles on buying HD now, but it's more professionally oriented. The Full HD is aimed at consumers, but it doesn't launch officially for another 30 days.

I can not really afford much and I have a sale with 2 days left on it or the one that i supplied the link to.

I know you would not buy the one i linked but what do you think of it for me?

I watch cable tv, PS3 and movies.

Will the motion speed be good enough?
Will this do the trick?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sometimes it's better to wait until you can afford a few hundred more dollars to get a brand that you have actually heard of. Tv's are always going on sale so shop around and don''t bite on the first thing that catches your eye. Research research research.... Don't order a TV online or anything unless you have actually seen the picture quality in person.
I agree with DSE about Samsung. I own a 42in Plasma that I purchased about a year ago. My roommate bought owns a Dell brand, a Sharp, and a sony. My samsung has a much clearer picture than any of his. i see Tv's very similar to mine made by Samsung in the stores for about $1000 to $1300 depending on store and model.

I am not in america. the difference here is 2000 dollars. I haveheard os soniq before cause I live in australia. I have been looking for about a year. this is in my price range as is the hd 4 day sale I will visit tomorrow.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I can't really answer your question. I can't imagine buying a display that I haven't seen. Specs say a lot about the technical aspects of an image, but say nothing about the quality of an image. Aesthetics are more emotional than they are technical. In other words, some kinds of artifacts in an image will drive me bats, while others either don't see them, or they aren't bothered by them. And vice versa.
It appears to be a good display "on paper." But motion blur is such a subjective quality...you'll have to decide for yourself. Wish I could help more.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating Samsung brand, just the Samsung OEM display component. Samsung makes a great display, but there are many companies that get their display component from Samsung as OEM.
The agreement between Pioneer, Samsung, Viewsonic, and Sony really has brought the quality up and price down for these displays.

The $799 one is not even High Def. ITs just a LCD at the normal 480 resolution. Its a cheap TV that you should avoid unless you want to have standerd resolution video output. The specs say right on it that its 480.

The $1599 only has 1 HDMI input on it so you are limiting yourself for future growth if you decide to get other things like HD cable/Satalite in the future or a stand alone BD player.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There was an advert on tv that had all the major brand prices slashed. Not a normal shop, just a massive clearence and the prices were amazing. I saw the advert once and have not seen it again. This is killing me as today is the last day and i can not find details of where it is anywhere.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Good question. I am not sure. Just looking at the one on that link in my OP.

I got hi down to $2900 but i am hearing ghosting problems. I asked him what panel it has and the guy tells me that he does not know and it does not matter. I hate dealing with people that can not answer questions.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I just got one. I love it. Has the best picture of all I looked at.
On normal T.V. channels ( not HD) it tends to cut off the top and bottom of the picture. But unless you read subtitles it doesn't bother me.
HD is great. Use the HDMI and Optical audio cables for the best picture and sound.
Enjoy,

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

It seems to have a real bad ghost on everything.
I only have the PS3 hooked up by RGB leads but the ghosting is still there. Not as bad as the rca leads from the cable though or the rca from the dvd.

Will this go away once i get some HDMI leads? Of course i forgot to ask them to throw some in, the only ones they had for sale were over $100 as well.

What a fucking mean TV! just get rid of this ghosting and get the cable in HD in a few months i will be super happy.

Any ideas?

IS this one of the good tv's? I only got this cause you talked me up to Sony and then i realised the W series did not have the motion enhancer.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry, one last thing... hopefully.
I can not seem to find any reviews on this set. Is it called something different in the states?
Here in australia it is called the KDL46x3100

I would really like to read a good reiview about it.

I would liek to know about the ghosting/clouding issues.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store