upndownshop

My God Aqualung

You know how far back in my hazy memory that was???

What are you talking about - didn't you know they came to Denver just a few months ago?

Tull; one of my favorite rock bands.

Was trying to remember what year I saw them (and it was definitely in the top 2-3 shows I've seen). Maybe '92 or '93?? Ian Anderson and his flute. WOW!

:( I missed that show in 1993, after landing on the building, shoving the fib tib out the bottom and side of my right foot and breaking the right wrist, I had to sell my 4th row seats, still haven't seen them!!:(

Same here..Had GREAT tickets back in college, 1979 IIRC...

Some asshole threw a bottle at Ian during the first song, the band walked off stage and kept going! >:(

So i imagine that guy didn't walk away from the show though?? some serious ass kicking had to happen

Actually I think security hauled him off well before the rest of us finally realized...Tull has LEFT the building! :(:(

Nobody 'else' left for at least a hour or so...NO WAY would a concert end THAT WAY! :o

I was so bummed, I drank all the Mad Dog 20-20 my room mate snuck in with him, 3 or 4 bottles...first and last time I ever played with THAT paint thinner! :S

Ya know..I understand 'why' the band would leave the stage, but end the concert?

I use to love Tull...But after starving for two weeks to pay for tickets, and no Aqualung???:o
Haven't listened since! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think I remember that. Wasn't it the first year that Heavy Metal was a category in the Grammy's?

I might be way wrong.... my first thought was that "Enter Sandman" was nominated and should have gotten the prize, IMO.
Owned by Remi #?

It was. And yeah....Metallica or someone....shoulda won. But you know NARAS...they'll give a Grammy to any asshole that looks good and has been around a while.
it's like...."That artist is so weird they can't make it in their assigned category, so we'll give em' a nod in a NEW category..."

Is there any point in mentioning the oddity that Jethro Tull's one and only Grammy was for "Best Heavy Metal Performance?":D:S

News to me.:o

Every time I hear the term "heavy metal", I recall that Rolling Stone Magazine reviewer that sarcastically defined the term as "pallid imitations of Led Zeppelin".:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

the term "heavy metal" was first applied to the music of Jimi Hendrix.

Source? Hendrix was not a motorcycle gang icon, whereas Steppenwolf was, and the words related to music (according to museum of rock) is in "Born to be Wild."

Hendrix' biographer and former manager claimed in a Rolling Stone interview that the term was handed off to Hendrix, but no one has ever found the article that allegedly made this comment. (source, MIX Magazine 30 Years of MIXing Rock.

According to Mix (and Wikipedia, if you trust em'), the term was first in print in November, 1972 in a review of a Humble Pie album.

so when he says eyeing little girls with bad intent, is it he with the bad intent or looking for girls WITH bad intent;);)

i've always like the 'misheard' version.. FIVE little girls with Bad intent :)

there is a very real reason why Metallica lost out on their first grammy (who really cares tbh 'Enter Sandman' and the entire album really was shit) to Jethro Tull's Crest of a Knave, and even they (Metallica) knew it was the better album.

None of the old Classic Rock bands would pass the American Idle [sic] ' fluff test'

it started MTV when image became more important than musical substance. Witness Whitesnake and Coverdale firing the real musicians for pretty boy 'video rock stars'

Zen goes to put Broadsword on the Stereo. "Heavy Metal" is and always was as much about attitude and lyrics as much as the mere 'sound'. Much of what passes as Metal today is only Aluminum. It may be Metal but is sure isnt Heavy.

I see a dark sail on the horizon set under a black
cloud that hides the sun.

I prefer TEACHER, because......well becasue I AM a teacher:)
Well the dawn was coming,
Heard him ringing on my bell.
He said, ``my names the teacher,
That is what I call myself.
And I have a lesson
That I must impart to you.

Its an old expression
But I must insist its true.
Jump up, look around,
Find yourself some fun,
No sense in sitting there hating everyone.
No mans an island and his castle isnt home,
The nest is for nothing when the bird has flown.

So I took a journey,
Threw my world into the sea.
With me went the teacher
Who found fun instead of me.

Hey man, whats the plan, what was that you said?
Sun-tanned, drink in hand, lying there in bed.
I try to socialize but I cant seem to find
What I was looking for, got something on my mind.

Then the teacher told me
It had been a lot of fun.
Thanked me for his ticket
And all that I had done.

Hey man, whats the plan, what was that you said?
Sun-tanned, drink in hand, lying there in bed.
I try to socialize but I cant seem to find
What I was looking for, got something on my mind.
My name's the teacher, that's what i call myself

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Much of what passes as Metal today is only Aluminum.

I'm stealin' THAT line! ;)

please do.. I stole it from another who I'm sure stole it from someone else...

its occasionally nice to recognize a 'kindred soul' by the cringe and shiver they have when the bar band kicks into a lame song..